What are you giving up?

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
What are you giving up for lent? As for me, I'm giving up coffee and soda...even my beloved diet coke. :amazed:

Or if it doesn't apply to your religion, what would you give up if you had to?

xikry5talix said:
What are you giving up for lent? As for me, I'm giving up coffee and soda...even my beloved diet coke. :amazed:

Or if it doesn't apply to your religion, what would you give up if you had to?

I could never give up coffee and diet coke. You're my hero :lol:

I was so excited to see this post! I gave up frivolous shopping and chocolate,I wanted to make a serious effort this year-I love that I am not the only one doing the lent thing.:biggrin:

I gave up all snack items (which includes dessert!!!) and I fast every Friday. I don't drink anything but water and orangs juice so this is the only thing I could give up reasonably. I gave up eBay last year but I can't do that right now. I'm into purses too much and giving up snack items is definitely giving up something more than just eBay.

i'm not doing it because of lent, i'm not religious at all, it just kind of...coincided i guess (i didn't even know lent was coming up when i made the decision), but i went back to weight watchers this week. i like to think of it as i'm giving up being fat, lol.

I was thinking of giving up bags, but on the first day I purchased one :sad: I might give up eating out at expensive places for a month in support of my friend who is hitting hard times though.

Same as every year - I've given up giving things up for lent. :lol:

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I come from a pretty non-religious background (dad's an athiest - a devout one tho'), so its never been a big deal for me. But for those of you with more willpower than me (ie anyone who's given someting up), best of luck!