What are you giving up?

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
What are you giving up for lent? As for me, I'm giving up coffee and soda...even my beloved diet coke. :amazed:

Or if it doesn't apply to your religion, what would you give up if you had to?

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
xikry5talix said:
What are you giving up for lent? As for me, I'm giving up coffee and soda...even my beloved diet coke. :amazed:

Or if it doesn't apply to your religion, what would you give up if you had to?
I could never give up coffee and diet coke. You're my hero :lol:

LVmom

sleepless in The Lou
O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
St.Louis
I was so excited to see this post! I gave up frivolous shopping and chocolate,I wanted to make a serious effort this year-I love that I am not the only one doing the lent thing.:biggrin:

kathyrose

The Bargain Hunter
O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
Norman, OK
www.flickr.com
I gave up all snack items (which includes dessert!!!) and I fast every Friday. I don't drink anything but water and orangs juice so this is the only thing I could give up reasonably. I gave up eBay last year but I can't do that right now. I'm into purses too much and giving up snack items is definitely giving up something more than just eBay.

Eskimo

O.G.
Dec 8, 2005
Beverly Hills, CA
i would probably give up candy and all sweets, but for some reason i feel like that wouldn't be too hard for me. not that i'm willing to find out...

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
i'm not doing it because of lent, i'm not religious at all, it just kind of...coincided i guess (i didn't even know lent was coming up when i made the decision), but i went back to weight watchers this week. i like to think of it as i'm giving up being fat, lol.

Noriko

Sep 13, 2005
Hawaii~
I was thinking of giving up bags, but on the first day I purchased one :sad: I might give up eating out at expensive places for a month in support of my friend who is hitting hard times though.

Oct 24, 2005
UK
Same as every year - I've given up giving things up for lent. :lol:

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I come from a pretty non-religious background (dad's an athiest - a devout one tho'), so its never been a big deal for me. But for those of you with more willpower than me (ie anyone who's given someting up), best of luck!