What are You Giving up for Lent?

Aug 14, 2009
-going vegan...already vegetarian and part-time vegan but am going to take the next step

-use mint.com and track spending daily

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
Just the regular stuff: No meat on Fridays and fast on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday.

I did make myself eat leftover spaghetti squash yesterday, so that's sacrificial, IMO. I'll finish the rest of it tomorrow, and then it will be gone, GONE, GONE FOREVER!!! :happydance:

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Bavaria, Germany
Heat-and-serve foods. We don't eat them very often (an occasional frozen pizza), but I have noticed how AWFUL I feel after eating them. So I want to not eat them during this time so I can stop eating them for good

choozen1ne

Feb 23, 2007
Michigan
I gave up buying nail polish and makeup . I was going to give up all non essintal shopping but I decided just to give up the main thing I spend way too much money on.

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I have given up something but I haven't said what because every time I announce what I give up I don't make it through Lent without giving in to whatever it is. Then again, if you can have what you've given up on Sunday, I might make it. I'm also trying to do more praying. Went to Stations of the Cross last night and plan on going every Friday during Lent.

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
iiving the dream
I have given up something but I haven't said what because every time I announce what I give up I don't make it through Lent without giving in to whatever it is. Then again, if you can have what you've given up on Sunday, I might make it. I'm also trying to do more praying. Went to Stations of the Cross last night and plan on going every Friday during Lent.
Good point. I forgot about the Stations. I used to go every week and should start again.