What are you getting your special someone for Valentines?

I got mine Nine Inch Nails concert tickets. He'll love them for sure.

"Closer". That song is pure sex. Very romantic a mon avis!!

Oh! Just realized this thread is from LAST YEAR! Gosh - hope the concert was fun!

As for me - haven't a clue. This year it falls on a wednesday night which means he'll be picking up our 5 year old from dance class and then come home to a delish dinn of leftovers. Die-hard romantics, us.

I've never understood the gift-buying trend for Valentine's Day.

I thought that for those who actually do Valentine's Day...it was a card and MAYBE candy or flowers.

It just seems like every holiday has become a major gift-giving occasion and I find that odd.

well it's close to our 4 year anniversary too so I was gonna get the DH tickets to the three games the Yankees play the Mariners in May, we're gonna make a weekend out of it, go up to Seattle by train and do some shopping and then make some Mariners fans angry with our rooting for the Yanks!

I love some of the ideas from last year!! :yes:

We have a tradition of grilling a giant bone-in rib-eye steak and paring it with our best cellared cab and just cooking and talking together. :heart:

My bf got us tickets to Jerry Seinfeld for the 9th so we're making that our V-Day celebration. Otherwise we don't usually do gifts - he usually makes me an amazing dinner that night.

me n my bf have never really celebrated valentines day except for our first one together which was back in '04. however, for '05 and this year, we went to Vegas and we're planning on going again.

We'll go out to a nice restaurant for dinner. Early on, we decided on Valentine's Day to not get each other gifts but to write each other a letter. Sounds corny I know, but I treasure the letters I have from him.

my bf and i havent celebrated Valentines Day for the past couple years we were together. we're not really into the whole cards and chocolates scheme BUT we always go out to a nice restaurant the weekend after the holiday since our schedules are usually busy. i actually wanted to get him a Movado watch for V-Day, his past birthday, and our upcoming anniversary (a combo since its more expensive than i thought :crybaby: ) plus i dont think i even got him anything for christmas oiye... he's been very good to me by taking me all over europe especially paris LV :nuts:

Our 4-year anniversary is February 19th, so we sort of blend the two days together. I'm getting my bf a Motorola Razr cell phone, concert tickets to Less Than Jake, some Vans T-shirts and lots of candy. Oh, and of course, me! :nuts:

February 19th was dh and I dating anniversary too!!! This year it will be 10 years since that first date (we've been married for 7.5 years).