What are you doing for NYE?

ahs483

Jun 17, 2006
I searched for a thread on this but couldn't find anything...

anyways, what are you ladies doing for NYE? I'm home from college and far away from all my friends, so idk what I'm going to do. I wanna head to chicago and party with them but I'm not sure if that'll happen...soooo I might just have to live vicariously through you ladies! What are your plans? Doing anything fun?

curling up in bed with a book! it's a rare night off for me during this time of year and to be honest it's a holiday I've never liked. it's a tradition now that I'm absorbed in a book at midnight :Partyhat:

You should get together with friends at a restaurant for dinner (expensive) or a friend's house. Me, I'm going to curl up on a sofa in the living room and love my kids and dog and watch the ball drop on tv.

Dh and I will be spending the night at a fancy hotel. They have a steak and lobster dinner, a comedy show and then three live bands playing. Drinks are included in the tickets, and it is cocktail or formal attire (I generally wear cocktail, as do most of the younger women, but many of the older couples wear full-length gowns and tuxedos).

wow! this thread makes me feel a lot better about having a low key new years!! glad to see not everyone will be out partying :smile:

hautemama, that sounds fun though!!!

DH, the kids and I will probably have a regular evening at home...the only difference is that we'll let the kids stay up til the East Coast ball drop (so, 9pm for us). After that, we'll put them to bed and DH and I will probably stay up a bit later watching a Netflix movie or something. :smile: Simple and cozy!!

I really want to go out, but my best friend and her boyfriend ( we always hang out together) are moving the day of.
I'm not sure they want to go out partying after moving stuff all day :sad:

I don't really have any other friends besides them.

If it doesn't work out I might have to stay in and drink champagne with my family.