Food What are you baking? Me: Lemon-shortcake bars, Cranberry muffins, Mincemeat muffins

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
A friend and I started a community/farmers' market in our little town last summer. On a whim, I started making brownies with cream cheese and local blueberries and was surprised at how well they sold.

This week is our town's local Holiday Crafts Fair. Two other gals and I rented a baked goods table. One makes amazing ginger snaps and almond butter crescent cookies. Another makes great biscotti.

I'm making Lemon-shortcake bars, Cranberry/pecan/orange muffins, and Mincemeat muffins (apple, golden raisins, currants, brandy, etc - just no suet or meat as they use in England sometimes).

The lemon/almond shortcake bars are baked into mini muffin papers. The others go into regular size cupcake papers. The papers are so less messy than just cooking in the pans!

I'm going to a big party next week so what I don't sell, I can take with me. Otherwise I would probably eat everything and I would be wearing the muffin tops rather than selling and sharing them! :shocked:

What are you baking over the next few weeks?
I'd love to read your yummies! :P

I'm making tiny pecan tarts...layer bars...pumpkin roll or two. Not sure on the cookies yet.
I'd love to know your lemon shortcake bar recipe. I have a mini muffin tin that I make my tarts in:smile:
Pumpkin scones for the holiday morning..maybe.

My new obsession is Bakerella's Cupcake Pops -- they're always a big hit whenever I've made them. Adorable and delicious (very, very sweet though!) Of course, will make them with Christmas colors! ;)

Attachments

• cupcakes.jpg
    cupcakes.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 90
I'm making tiny pecan tarts...layer bars...pumpkin roll or two. Not sure on the cookies yet.
I'd love to know your lemon shortcake bar recipe. I have a mini muffin tin that I make my tarts in:smile:
Pumpkin scones for the holiday morning..maybe.

Pumpkin scones sound extra good! I've been thinking about pumpkin - cream cheese muffins with lots of spices.

Here's the lemon almond recipe. The crust is very crumbly and the lemon is sticky so I make this recipe into mini cupcake papers instead of putting it into a square pan like most bars. Prettier and less messy.

Lemon Almond Bars in mini cupcake papers

Preheat oven to 325F

Put cupcake papers into a mini muffin tin.

Crust
1.5 flour
0.5 powdered sugar
1.5 cold unsalted (sweet) butter, sliced or cubed (1.5 sticks)

Combine first two ingredients in a food processor or mixer. Add butter slices. Pulse blend until you see pearls of dough.

Press dough into papers in mini muffin tin. I roll a pinch into a small ball and then use my thumb to press into the bottom of each paper.
Bake at 325F for 18-19 minutes.

Let cool on wire rack.

Topping
Reset oven to 300F.

6 eggs
3c granulated sugar
4 large lemons: juice plus lemon zest from all
0.5 cups flour
1c sliced almonds
Powdered sugar

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar. Add juice and lemon zest. Whisk again. Add flour. Whisk again. Add almonds and whisk.

Pour lemon mix on top of crusts. Let bake until set, around 30-35 minutes.

Let cool on wire rack.

Dust with powdered sugar.

Makes 54-60 minis.

Those are adorable!

Are the bottoms marshmallows dipped in chocolate?

The whole thing is actually cupcake (or any kind of cake) mixed with icing (hence the crazy sweetness!). Mixing it with the icing makes it moldable into mini cupcake form and allows for the lollipop to stay put. Then the bottom and top are dipped separately in chocolate/candy melts. You can make it without the lollipop stick but it's just so freaking adorable on a stick and makes for really cute packaging too!