What are the trends for this fall ? will you wear them ?

Well I love the additon of gray this year. It's always been a staple color for me, and I snagged some great plain V-neck cashmere sweaters from NM at the end of the year last year. I still do have to get a gray bag though.

I refuse to wear skinny jeans/pants/leggings. I did that in the 80's...see no reason why to repeat that horrible trend. I'm also just cannot do those cropped jackets that are hot. My boobs are too big...not great for my particular shape.

Anne

Planning on hitting the mall up this weekend....but seeing lots of wide leg pants (bought 3 pairs already and am thanking the lord because I don't do skinny jeans)...Oxford heels (love 'em)...mary Janes (love 'em!)...sweater dresses/tunics
Lots of greys & purples and metallics!!!

I'm actually pulling out my fall stuff today to assess what I need this season!

How about Opera lenght Gloves? I thought they're gonna be a big hit this fall.

pic from eluxury.com

I love long gloves, Marni did a TDF pair last winter but I didn't know if I could pull them off and don't quite know how to wear them :confused1: When you wear them with a shorter jacket, do you ever leave skin showing, or should the jacket cover the top of the gloves? Also, I'm top-heavy so the trapeze jackets do nothing for me....any other suggestions what sort of jackets might work well?

Sorry to interupt...now back to regular viewing :P

I like the grey and silver colours coming back, bought a grey top, grey jacket and silver pants. I'm def not into the 80's styles, I was there for the 80's and have no desire to go back.

Which show is this? I love that look!

I'd also sum it up as ladylike, not girly or Über sexy. The woman in the fashion shows seemed to be strong and almost angry. It's like ladylike, but with a hard edge
136m.jpg

Long gloves are actually quite versatile. With a short jacket, it can be chic worn all the way up with no skin showing, or scrunched down in a nonchalant way. (I'm talking about opera length gloves.) Usually the weather will help dictate how you would like to wear them. (ie when cold, wear them all the way up.)

It can be quite severe not to have any breaks between clothing, so if you are fully covered, you definitely want to have your gloves, boots, and pants (if you are wearing pants) more fitted. Long skirts should also be more fitted, think Rick Owens.

I believe to combat top-heaviness, wear either more fitted clothes on top, or at least look for less volume in things like trapeze coats. The more volume, the higher the heel.

I love long gloves, Marni did a TDF pair last winter but I didn't know if I could pull them off and don't quite know how to wear them :confused1: When you wear them with a shorter jacket, do you ever leave skin showing, or should the jacket cover the top of the gloves? Also, I'm top-heavy so the trapeze jackets do nothing for me....any other suggestions what sort of jackets might work well?

Sorry to interupt...now back to regular viewing :P

In general, I don't follow trends. I do occasionally pick up ideas from the runway shows. One style I'm trying on now is similar to this Jean Paul Gaultier suit (I'm a guy, by the way). I recently bought a '90s Jean Paul Gaultier suit (back when his clothes were produced by Gibo) that has leather corset-esque lacing on the front (I'm wearing it in my most reacent "Post your outfit for the day" response) and slim fit pants, and I'm planning on wearing boots over them.
00260m.jpg

The pants aren't quite THAT tight haha:P

I'm also very interested in '60s inspirations (even though that's been going on on the runways for a while). I'm mostly going to be wearing vintage though. I also like very oversized clothing (although that's not exactly new either). I've had my eye on this vintage Yves Saint Laurent very oversized women's pinstripe pantsuit for a while. I'm trying to develop a more polished, sophisticated side to my wardrobe. I feel like a lot of my choices have gotten kind of "punky". I love what I have, but I have a lot of different tastes and sides to my personality, so I'm not entirely sure of how I'll incorporate that...

Belted Tunics with skinny jeans and booties or boots. Yes grey..I just bought the coolest grey brocade little jacket. Big handbags, thank god since I just spent a fortune on Jimmy Choo! Patent...love it! And bright colored bags and shoes. Has anyone seen the colorful croc bags from Chanel? TDF!

I live in the lower east side, so far I've noticed: tons of grey, short trenches, leggings [I am far from having chicken legs, but they make me look like I have twigs for legs, can't do 'em], oversized tunics and sweaters, oversized bags in bright colors, bigass sunglasses

I've bought... a lot of jeans.. and oxford shirts. I'm so behind in fashion.

I have to get a pair of the opera length gloves!!! Grey is my favorite color, so I'm glad its back. I think it started making a comeback last year, I got two grey skirts then. I'm looking looking for a pair of grey boots, preferably suede, but haven't found anything yet.

I love the more fitted, femine look. I wear a lot of suits to work and I'm very happy to see more variety of suits especially some of the 40s inspired suits with the belted waist and longer skirts. Pencil skirts are a huge wardrobe stable for me. I also love the 80s style silk blouses. I'm seeing a lot of tweed suits/skirts and matte/opaque tights with suede shoes in the stores,still too hot to wear.

I too missed the neon trend fortunately!!! Doesn't sound like its migrated to the Upper East Side. For me no high waist pants and I have to admit I'm sick of patent, but still loving metallics. Love the Akris pic, thanks for sharing.