what are the most useful Hermes SLGs?

Do coins easily fall out of the Bastia?

I've never had a coin fall out of my Bastia, and I've occasionally been naughty and overstuffed it before dumping it in my bag to bounce around like a pinball all day. The design of this piece is just so well-thought-out. I love that if you gently squeeze its sides to plump up its pockets and jiggle the bottom of it a little, the coins slide forward and catch in the top pocket to make the currency you have more visible so that you don't have to fish around to find the right piece. (Adding a photo to show what I mean.)

While I'm here, I'll also add my praise for the Calvi. I seem to keep annexing Calvis-- we all have so many cards to carry in modern life, what with loyalty cards, credit cards, subway cards, Hermes SA's business cards. :biggrin: Calvis do it all, and in such a simple, aesthetically-appealing format. I get way more compliments on my Calvis than my Kelly wallet! IMG_9568.JPG

(Omg did not mean to make my hand wrinkles so huge with that upload! :shocked:)

I've never had a coin fall out of my Bastia, and I've occasionally been naughty and overstuffed it before dumping it in my bag to bounce around like a pinball all day. The design of this piece is just so well-thought-out. I love that if you gently squeeze its sides to plump up its pockets and jiggle the bottom of it a little, the coins slide forward and catch in the top pocket to make the currency you have more visible so that you don't have to fish around to find the right piece. (Adding a photo to show what I mean.)

While I'm here, I'll also add my praise for the Calvi. I seem to keep annexing Calvis-- we all have so many cards to carry in modern life, what with loyalty cards, credit cards, subway cards, Hermes SA's business cards. :biggrin: Calvis do it all, and in such a simple, aesthetically-appealing format. I get way more compliments on my Calvis than my Kelly wallet! View attachment 3409075

Hmm, been thinking of one of these for Europe travel. In us, rarely use cash anymore.
Beautiful color, is that blue atoll?

I use my Evelyne TPM and Constance 18's regularly, and my preferred "wallet substitute" right now is an Evelyne coin (coins/bills) and a Calvi (cards/extra US$). I haven't yet tried € but think some of the bills may be too wide for the Calvi. Does anyone know for sure?

While I'm here, I'll also add my praise for the Calvi. I seem to keep annexing Calvis-- we all have so many cards to carry in modern life, what with loyalty cards, credit cards, subway cards, Hermes SA's business cards. :biggrin: Calvis do it all, and in such a simple, aesthetically-appealing format. I get way more compliments on my Calvis than my Kelly wallet! View attachment 3409075

Wow this is incredibly helpful! Thank you for your reply, the color of your Bastia is simply gorgeous!! I will have to check these SLGs out in person when I am on vacation.

Reactions: calexandre
This is by far, my most useful SLG....It's called the "Thill". It's a 4" long X 2 3/4" high, small wallet & card holder combined. It has three compartments to hold different credit cards, driver's licence, & some $$$$'s! I love the Kelly Wallet, and I use it in my large bags, but rather than have to transfer important cards to a small wallet when using a small bag, I always keep necessary cards in the Thill, making it easy to just grab it, and throw it in a small purse! The only problem is....I'm not sure they make it any more, and they are very hard to find!! :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpg
    IMG_2441.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMG_2438.jpg
    IMG_2438.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,183
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,126
This is by far, my most useful SLG....It's called the "Thill". It's a 4" long X 2 3/4" high, small wallet & card holder combined. It has three compartments to hold different credit cards, driver's licence, & some $$$$'s! I love the Kelly Wallet, and I use it in my large bags, but rather than have to transfer important cards to a small wallet when using a small bag, I always keep necessary cards in the Thill, making it easy to just grab it, and throw it in a small purse! The only problem is....I'm not sure they make it any more, and they are very hard to find!! :sad:
I would want this now =(

I find calvi and bastia most useful. I don't use my bastia for coins bc I don't carry coins (too heavy)... & besides that coins are too dirty for rose tyrien chevre anyway hahahaha if I get coins, they become "tips" automatically... even if they don't accept tips hahahaah

I put cash in the bastia and my credit cards and drivers license in the calvi... pop them inside the tpm... it is PERFECTION =) I leave the stuff this way even in my B/K... very easy transfer from one bag to the next.

Reactions: Hermezzy

Ahhhh le sigh... LAGOON.

Reactions: calexandre
Oh by the way... I do carry a bearn wallet too. This wallet can fit inside a TPM evvie as well. I love this wallet bc it CAN hold a lot or a little, depending on what you want. I carry a little... and I don't like to stretch the leather but if I needed to, I could load it up. I love the idea of a Kelly wallet or something bigger, but then I'd just be tempted to keep all kinds of crap in it that I don't actually need hahhhahaha