What are the most Rare BBag colors?

I think the rarest colors are the ones that people bought and KEPT, like the neutrals (ie 05 Grey, Caramel, etc).

It seems that a lot of the bright colors (ie 05 Magenta, Turq, etc) pop up in Mint condition more often than others because people were afraid to use them.

I've been searching for a Pistachio city for over a year now and not seen hide nor hair, and thats searching aff, rdc bag passion and fleabay constantly.

Does anyone know of anywhere else i could try??? Thinking of getting the vertd'eau as a substitute but know it wont compare.......

Hi ladies,
so I recently bought a pumpkin first....
and I may buy a pistachio first too but I'm thinking of giving one to my mom.

which one color do you think is more rare?
and which one do you like better? so I'll know which one to keep for myself..haha..and also, if the pistachio is being sold for more..I'll know whether it's worth it to buy..

I think the rarest colors are the ones that people bought and KEPT, like the neutrals (ie 05 Grey, Caramel, etc).

It seems that a lot of the bright colors (ie 05 Magenta, Turq, etc) pop up in Mint condition more often than others because people were afraid to use them.

I agree. The neurtrals get a lot of use, the brighter colors aren't carried as much. However 2005 Caramels appear a lot, and I could never figure out why unless they made a lot of that color.

I think they did make a lot of it :yes:

From what I know Bal produces only what buyers order.

Some buyers like Barney's play it safe and order tons of neutrals. So there are more out there.

But this is all just bbag girl conjecture ;)

Hi ladies,
so I recently bought a pumpkin first....
and I may buy a pistachio first too but I'm thinking of giving one to my mom.

which one color do you think is more rare?
and which one do you like better? so I'll know which one to keep for myself..haha..and also, if the pistachio is being sold for more..I'll know whether it's worth it to buy..

Hey fennelcake(love that name) :smile:
I have a pumpkin twiggy that i ADORE. i have only seen pumpkin offered for sale 2 times recently (a flat messenger recently on ebay UK and yours if yours was the one on ebay a bit ago). now, i have only been into Balbags for a relatively short time compared to so many people on this forum - so the fact that i have seen 2 come up on ebay in that short period may mean that they aren't quite as SUPER rare as people think. (mine was a private transaction). that said, compared with ALL the other colors that come up all the time - it is very unusual. I think the same is true for Pistachio......

i think the earlier BBags are so coveted because the leather quality back then was just amazing, really made the colors so saturated. not as thin and veiny as the ones out now... so they make the earlier colors look so much better.

these are my babies: the eggplant first was my 1st bbag, and she is perfect. :heart: :love::love: we will never part. the leather on her is so soft & squishy, i use and abuse her (been drenched in the rain several times), and the original tassels have yet to split. the only sign of wear is the darkening of the handles, but on such a deep color as this, it is really not noticeable and i think makes it more gorgeous... the grape/violet 07 does not even compare.

the seafoam twiggy i sold - not for the color, but the twiggy was just not my style

the rouge theater day bag i also sold - too dark red for me, and i did not like the leather quality... the tassels split in a few weeks! :wtf:

THAT BEING SAID - i would really love a turquoise 04 or dolma green 05 work or weekender. :drool:

i hope the bbag leather quality improves and goes back to the old ones... and i also do not like these huge giant silver and gold, or covered hardware! echh :throwup:

Attachments

• 106_0653 copy.jpg
    106_0653 copy.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 852
  • 6watermark copy.jpg
    6watermark copy.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 810
  • 122_2227_r1 copy.jpg
    122_2227_r1 copy.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 800
Reactions: zoelovescleo
To me the rarest colour are: -04 marigold...only seen one on evilbay and I bought it...-03 true red....never seen one on evilbay........-03 olive, seen one, bought it...mustard yellow..seen one, blue jean, mystery green and pumpkin. Rare colour and most desired ones are totally different IMO

Kat;)

Just read through most of this thread, and it's interesting to see that some colors: '05 turquoise, eggplant, orange, etc. seem to have real longevity. I guess that gorgeous remains gorgeous forever :smile:

From what I've seen and noticed, the rarest of rare colors are as follows:
2001 Burgundy & Navy (flat brass hardware)
2002 Olive (flat brass hardware)
2003 Rouge & Mustard Yellow (pewter hardware)
2004 Dark Turquoise (it's color is actually Cobalt blue w/ pewter hardware)
2005 Taupe (classic brass hardware)

I feel like after that, the production levels put out most of the colors in most of the styles, and each year more styles were added. Plus, bags circulate worldwide now and we aren't just stuck to whether a local boutique carries Balenciaga. [Takes me back to when only Barneys New York carried Balenciaga....before BalNY opened in 2003]