What are the most Rare BBag colors?

I gave up on the AP green city. I could have snagged a mint condition one for about $1300 but I waited too long (like a half a day) to think about it and it was gone!! The prices are too high now. I just wouldn't even enjoy it if I paid that kind of money for it.

It just depends on what you have and its condition so I would not go buying a bag and thinking you can get over retail for it if you sell or resell it. I have noticed Bal coming out with colors similar to prior years so unless someone is looking for a specific shade or leather, the new one might do. For example, this fall's sapphire looks like it will be a slightly darker version of last fall's violet so folks who missed out might just get something in that color rather than paying a crazy amount over retail for an 07 violet.

I agree with BHmommy that the 2005 colors are most sought after... the color and leather are both divine. I recently purchased a pre-loved 05 Turquoise Day and I absolutely love it. Although I paid over retail.... nonetheless I think it is worth it. The color is by far much richer than the 08 Turq IMO... I even took it to NM to compare next to the 2008 Turq... made me love my bag even more. I would like to have every style in that color no matter what the cost:drool::P...Iam just crazy for Turq!!!

Forgot to mention by outrageous purchase last week of a MINT 2005 Magenta! Even though Balenciaga is coming out with colors similar to previous seasons... the color is not the same and the leather is definitely not the same! The leather this year has been disappointing. And take Magenta...it came out in 2005... then in 2007 and again in 2008.
But I still prefer the 2005 saturated Magenta the most.

Forgot to mention by outrageous purchase last week of a MINT 2005 Magenta! Even though Balenciaga is coming out with colors similar to previous seasons... the color is not the same and the leather is definitely not the same! The leather this year has been disappointing. And take Magenta...it came out in 2005... then in 2007 and again in 2008.
But I still prefer the 2005 saturated Magenta the most.

Wow! You really lucked up to find a 2005 Magenta! Did you buy it from an individual????

I started collecting B-Bags in 2002/2003 ... and I have to say that (IMO) the hardest finds are the old Yellows (Marigold & Mustard). It's especially hard to find them in good condition, since the lighter color bags really show the wear more than the darker color bags.

The same holds true for Anis, Seafoam & Pistachio ... a good condition one will go for big money on eBay (or a consignment store - unless they don't know what they've got).

That being said ... what I find really odd is the minute someone seems to mention that they are looking for an older Bag/Color (2005 for instance) ... all of a sudden a bunch of them appear on eBay for beaucoup money! Yes ... Balenciaga seems to be (finally) re-introducing the colors of yore, but they really aren't the same. The '07 Jaune (French for Yellow) ... NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! Frankly, it looked more like my '03 Mustard! If you're buying B-Bags for resale only, just remember ... that the market can be very strange ... and you may not always make the profit that you think you will. I know plenty of people who have lost money on eBay as well!

I started collecting B-Bags in 2002/2003 ... and I have to say that (IMO) the hardest finds are the old Yellows (Marigold & Mustard). It's especially hard to find them in good condition, since the lighter color bags really show the wear more than the darker color bags.

totally agree with you...
i have an 03 mustard first i got eons ago, before i knew bbags were going to be valuable, and it has a denim stain on the back from my jeans plus the tassels are split (and a bit ragged)...
i'd love to get another one, but i never see them on ebay or at any of the usual consignment places...

pumpkin and the early flat brass colors (navy, olive) are also very hard to find...