What are the dangers of shipping to a PO Box?

SpecialK

O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
I buyer just bought one of my items, approx 300. She has a confirmed paypal address in the US but it's a PO box. I've never shipped to a PO box before. How does that work? Are there any dangers in her being able to say she never got it? I ship from Canada, with tracking and insurance but I just found out that Xpresspost cant do signature confirmation to the US! I had no idea all this time I was shipping without signature confirmation.

Sorry, I'm just super paranoid about just about every buyer these days (unless I know them) and this person only has 2 fb!

A PO Box should be safer....the PO has it and doesn't leave the package on an apartment or house doorstep where it can be easily stolen (for those of us who don't have a leasing office accept our packages)!
I just pick up my package from a locker if they put it in there. Other times they leave a notice (usually when sig. is required) and I pick it up during business hours. It's easier and worry free for me! I love using the PO Box, and this is one reason why I won't use UPS Ground- they don't do PO Boxes! But Fed Ex does.

I don't know about the signature confirmation part from Canada though.

Be sure you get delivery signature confirmation. Surely there must be Canada express to US Express post (USPS)?? Check with your post office? And of course be sure and insure !!!

no problem with P.O. box if it is confirmed address.

This is MORE protection because then they have to actually sign for the package at the P.O. box.

If it is confirmed that means their CC bills go there too. I used to live in a place that actually had NO mailboxes and I had to have a P.O. box.

Yea, don't forget the signature confirmation!

Thanks everyone!!

I tell you, ever since I was scammed I am paranoid of every buyer that crosses my path that I dont know! I have another transaction on the go I'm a little concerned about, which I wont go into right now, just keeping my fingers crossed. What they say is true.....once bitten, twice shy!

no problem with P.O. box if it is confirmed address.

This is MORE protection because then they have to actually sign for the package at the P.O. box.

If it is confirmed that means their CC bills go there too. I used to live in a place that actually had NO mailboxes and I had to have a P.O. box.

Yea, don't forget the signature confirmation!

:yes:

I have a PO Box and it's located at a Postal outlet in a pharmacy and I find it actually safer than coming to my house. A card is always left in my box and I must sign for it before picking it up and if the seller needs confirmation, then I sign for it again.

i have a PO box, but it's in a UPS store, so it's actually a street address with then a box number. I pretty much have all my packages delvered there if possible, as they sign for the item for me, and it's safer I feel.

If it's confirmed you are going to be fine. Also, if you can get a sig. confirmation, that would be great, as the PO will be the one signing for it, so really no chance of the person saying they never got it. if the PO signs for it, that's proof.

Where I live in Alaska, we can only have a PO box, and it's at the Post Office. It is also my confirmed address with Paypal, and my billing address. As stated, when I need to sign for something, I am left a note in my box and then I have to go up to the counter and show ID to get the package. I had one of my purses come that way. I have never had a problem with it, or anyone mailing to me. However, in saying that, shipping to Alaska is never 2-3 days and it does take a little longer depending on what and where it's coming from. It may say delivered, but it needs to come to, in my case Eagle River, which is an extra day, even though it's 15 miles from Anchorage. Hope this helps?

it´s really safe, my parents have a p.o. box in the u.s. and the cc cards and everything is shipped overthere, no boxes get lost, and there is always over there in charge for receiving the stuff if the package is bigger... so you´re safe...

Many people have PO boxes in addition to their home addresses, too. This is usually done when they have a home-based business and they want to keep their address private, so all mail goes to their PO box.