What are the best t-shirts ever?

So far I'm liking Splendid, C&C, and Jcrew. Definitely want to give Velvet a try, and I've heard amazing things about American Apparel (great quality for price, I would say).

I've had horrible luck with tees and tanks from LA Made (everything has holes in it), and James Perse is a bit overrated in my opinion; all of my cotton JP tees show pilling and wear really fast.

I love James Perse and Vince. I have one splendid, it's ok. C&C is super cute but they have a cardboard feel to them, so I try not to love them. I guess I need to give velvet a try.

I found that my C&C shirt gets so misshapen, I don't like that. I loooove these sheer v-neck t-shirts that I bought from jcrew last summer, really nice soft cotton. And they hold shape and drape really well. I forgot to buy some more this year, they said they'll get some long sleeve one sin for fall though, will try those.

UPDATE: jcrew seems to have brought them back online - v-neck tissue tee
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod86758361&catId=cat200139

I got a bunch of free American Apparel Ts. I personally didn't like them. I have a huge chest and the Large felt snug while the XL was too big. I didn't find them to be cut really curvy or anything - pretty straight (I like to show my curves off so I don't look fat). They are pretty soft but they didn't hold their shape well in the long run.

If you do go for American Apparel and buy enough Tshirts, look into opening an account with them. They go down to $4 or less per tee with the wholesale discount.

I love Ann Taylor Loft tees. They have a slight curve to them to account for curves/chest. They run about $15 and hold up/retain their shape really well. They also run 2 for $20 specials from time to time.

Splendid tees all the way, they fit great and arent thin. I also have a few Velvet and C&C, i like them too but they dont wear as well and are much thinner.