Food What are some yummy frozen meals?

suretobuy

Hi ya, baby!
O.G.
Nov 26, 2007
We all eat them out of convenience, what are some of your favorites?

There's a lean cuisine butternut squash ravioli that is really tasty, and I enjoy Amy's indian food too.

I was going to recommend both of what you already posted! ;)
I also like the Margherita pizza from LC (the deep dish), as well as the pepperoni or supreme regular crust pizzas. I usually add a little garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes to jazz them up a bit.
i have heard that the South Beach frozen meals are good but haven't tried them yet.
maybe i'm gross but i like the Lean Cuisine salisbury steak and macaroni and cheese....it's one of the ones i'll eat when i have PMS since it's a comfort/diner kind of food.
the amy's cheese enchiladas are also SO GOOD but a serving is only one enchilada and they are pretty high in fat/cals. :sad:
i am not a fan of the WW stromboli because it has sausage in it. I hate sausage in frozen meals! if it had pepperoni or even just veggies it would be so good! ;)
the Lean Cuisine chicken quesadilla is pretty good (esp with fat free sour cream and salsa) but you'd have to eat a big salad with it since it isn't very filling.

I love LC potstickers, egg rolls, butternut squash ravs, all of their pizzas, paninis and flatbreads, the peanut chicken stir fry, I know there are more that I can't think of. I don't care for WW or SBD meals at all. I've had a few of the Kashi meals, they're pretty good. I also love TJs enchilladas and eggplant parm.

We all eat them out of convenience, what are some of your favorites?

There's a lean cuisine butternut squash ravioli that is really tasty, and I enjoy Amy's indian food too.

I like the butternut squash ravioli, havent had Amy's indian food though.

I looooove the Lean Cuisine Roasted Garlic & Chicken Pizza - really garlicky, but I love that! Also, the Smart Ones Angel Hair Marinara, because it's simple (marinara sauce, angel hair pasta, plus zucchini and yellow squash) and low in calories. I like the Lean Cuisine Three Cheese Rigatoni & Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce, too.

There's a lot that I like, but be sure you look at the calories/fat in them - even Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine meals can have a lot of calories! If youre just eating them out of convenience then it probably isnt a problem, but if you're trying to watch what you eat, just be mindful.

The LC brick oven pizzas were not too bad. I think most of the Smart Ones line is not very good, even though I'll eat them. I do like the Santa Fe Rice and Beans though. It's simple, but pretty good. Healthy Choice meals are disgusting to me though. They taste like foam chicken and fake veggies!

You can look at heateatreview.com for frozen food reviews too. It's helpful, even though I don't always agree w/ the reviews.

Amy's rice-crust cheeseless pizza....it has this amazing sweet onion sauce instead of tomato sauce. It's pretty much the only frozen thing I'll allow myself to resort to, but if you find them on sale, it's a safe thing to stock up on. Not exactly low-cal, but fairly nutritious and vegan to boot!:woohoo:

I don't mind some of the Amy's Burritos
Sometimes if I make a large container of vegetarian chili or a baked pasta dish (veggie lasagna or baked ziti) i will freeze some in aluminum and just pop it in the oven
The only frozen meals I really eat are Seeds of Change from Whole Foods

They're all organic and not too bad this calories. I like this one:

http://www.seedsofchangefoods.com/our_foods/product.aspx?c=frozen_entrees&p=214

They have a bunch of different ones

http://www.seedsofchangefoods.com/our_foods/category.aspx?id=frozen_entrees

The LC brick oven pizzas were not too bad. I think most of the Smart Ones line is not very good, even though I'll eat them. I do like the Santa Fe Rice and Beans though. It's simple, but pretty good. Healthy Choice meals are disgusting to me though. They taste like foam chicken and fake veggies!

You can look at heateatreview.com for frozen food reviews too. It's helpful, even though I don't always agree w/ the reviews.

Perfect description, foam chicken!! Healthy choice is so bad :tdown:

I like most of Amy's, especially the mac and soy cheese.

As were talking about convenience foods, if I have to eat and run, Annie's organic P'sgetti loops with tomato sauce and soy meatballs (in the can) isn't bad either.

I don't like any of the "health/diet" brand frozen meals. Disgusting, and they never look like they do in the pictures.

I do love Swanson's, Hungry Man, and my favorite... Marie Calendar's!!! The roasted chicken with herbs and mashed potatoes.. WOW. The mashed potatoes actually taste like they came from a restaurant and the chicken is amazing.

I love Amy's dinners, especially Gluten-free Mac 'n Cheese, Enchiladas, and Garden Veggie lasagna. I also love Kashi Sweet and Sour chicken. I'm trying out the South Beach pizza tomorrow, so I'll try to post again after that.