What are some songs I can sing to my dog?

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
My dog and I have coffee and treats together outside every morning, so I have his full attention. His eyes are dead set on me most of the time. I have found that singing helps us bond. (He has a bit of an independent streak and an attitude, so we need to bond.) He reacts to the notes in the music (head tilts, etc.).

Lately the only songs I can think of are Fresh Eyes and the gaga ballad million reasons(?). He likes songs with a lot of vocal range. Gaga may not be the right energy - we have to eliminate the negativity - and we don't want something so peppy that he gets more excited and barks. He loves to bark. We go outside early and I don't want to wake the neighbors and I have been teaching him not to bark (which is why I bring treats).

Anyway... what are some good songs to sing to my dog to help us bond and be calm (but not sleepy)?

I either make up goofy songs about whatever we're doing--
"He loves scrubbing 'round dem feet! Oh, scrubbing off dat mud! No more muddy feet!"
Or reinvent lyrics to any random tune.

As long as song is happy. Possibly with leaning contact or patting dog nicely.
Winner:tup:

My turtle enjoys discussing local weather forecasts.
Before sliding through grass, back to pond.
Only the gods know why.:coolio:

Reactions: Jesssh
I sing old theme songs and Disney songs to my girl. Her favorites are Little Mermaid songs & the "Greatest American Hero" theme song. :P "Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air. I never thought I could be so freeeeee!"

I do the same- make up lyrics (that include them) to pop songs and sing it. I know I'm on the right track when I see a head tilt..lol

OK, I had the new bruno mars song in my head this morning and I came up with these (lame) lyrics:

Neck rubs and noogies at night
Rub downs are such a delight
Lucky for you that's what I like
That's what I like
That's what I like

Bacon and chicken and such
You know I love treats so much
That's what I like
That's what I like