What are some ostentatious sunglasses for men and women?

Rihanna & Dior:
rihanna-dior-1.jpg

Mmm I don’t know, I prefer my sunnies more classic and subtle.
I like them to definitely complement my face well but I don’t like them super showy.

anyway why don’t you try a simple style on a hot color like Red that might give your sunglasses the show stopper vibe. Pick a simple shape and just choose a color like Red to make people notice them.

anyway here a cool suggestion

though not from the brands you were looking for

Last edited:
Women's sunglasses
Tom Ford Johannes:
FT0745_01Z_OS_B

Tom Ford Virginia:
FT0945_01B_OS_B

Bulgari Flora:
Bulgari-Flora.jpg

Bulgari Flora:
4934_113275_updates.jpg

Cartier Lunettes solaires panthere de Cartier:
1883352.png

Versace Medusa icon shield:
1669046420420.png

Jimmy Choo Sophia:
get_image.php

Chanel butterfly:
1669046307095.png

Fendi way Havana acetate:
1669046325096.png

Balenciaga shield 2.0 rectangle:
Medium-681951T00051000_J.jpg

Bottega Veneta Mitre Acetate cat eye:
Large-669573V23306005_A.jpg

Men's sunglasses
Gucci square:
1669046344225.png

Brioni 50's:
ODE500P3ZAC1011R.jpg

Tom Ford Raoul:
FT0753_01B_OS_B

Tom Ford Fausto:
FT0711_01A_OS_B

Tom Ford Reno:
FT0911_28B_OS_B

Unisex
Cartier panthere de Cartier rimless oval:
luxury-women-cartier-used-accessories-p257089-006.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana DG logo:
VG2233VM187_9V000_1.jpg

Balenciaga ski rectangle-frame:
Medium-570483T00011000_J.jpg

Last edited:
This one is nice. Thx

so glad you liked my suggestion, now just have to go looking for it.
and Versace has some pretty bold picks for you.
go check them out at your nearest sunglass store. Actually Versace is all about being bold.

More women's:

Tom Ford Leona:
tomford-2-1050x571.jpg

Dior Diorama:
dior-diorama-sunglasses-4-1170x585.jpeg
Woow the Tom Ford Leona reminds me a lot to the Persol 714 aviators but the Leonas definitely bolder

here another suggestion this time Versace

For true luxury, I suggest you find an optician who carries hand-made frames in noble materials such as horn. Two I can suggest are Morgental Frederics on Madison Avenue in NYC, and Alain Mickli on Rue du Four in Paris. These frames cannot be compared to resin, acetate or plastic. They start at $1,200 and go up from there. The cost of lenses is additional of course.

Good luck in your search for quality frames!

Reactions: Sa26 and 880
so glad you liked my suggestion, now just have to go looking for it.
and Versace has some pretty bold picks for you.
go check them out at your nearest sunglass store. Actually Versace is all about being bold.
Versace is defo bold.
For true luxury, I suggest you find an optician who carries hand-made frames in noble materials such as horn. Two I can suggest are Morgental Frederics on Madison Avenue in NYC, and Alain Mickli on Rue du Four in Paris. These frames cannot be compared to resin, acetate or plastic. They start at $1,200 and go up from there. The cost of lenses is additional of course.

Interesting. Some Tom Ford is made of horn.

Love these. I bought them because they were just so so extra.

The Versace Biggie Medusa. As seen on Notorious BIG in his Hypnotize video circa 1997. Hewas known to wear his Versace glasses often.

I got a bit more feminine version. The whole line is extra !!

E87B527F-67C4-4639-9E94-3C16EFC613CD.png

8FA0F7D9-0810-4F33-9362-C2BA73BA789D.jpeg

DH and I have worn Morganthal Frederic’s almost exclusively since the mid 1990’s when they opened on Madison, and our favorites are horn frames. (back then, they did do signature frames in acetate, and I still have some of those fun sunglasses etc). I would say that we have a favorite MF employee who fits our frames and knows our taste pretty well. The only quibble that I have with some horn frames is that if your prescription changes, sometimes the horn is a bit too delicate to be manipulated, and if you have an Asian bridge, that takes a lot longer. He also recently ordered a pair from Maison Bonnet in Paris which requires a second fitting a few months after the first. Maison Bonnet also has a stash of vintage tortoise shell, but those cost as much as an H Birkin (excluding lenses), so are way out of the budget lol. We’re excited to go back :smile:

Last edited: