What are some of your unpopular Chanel opinions?

I wish Chanel offered a bespoke couture version of the reissue / classic flap with the ability to choose amongst various embroideries from atelier Montex. Something truly luxurious and it could be an interesting feature to add as an exclusive option to their new invitation only stores.
Or just, like, special orders, similar to Hermès? I don’t think I’d do it, but it’s probably something that would be popular.
Edit: I guess they tried that once in 2009?

Reactions: fashionelite
Lately people and influencers on the internet across different platforms have been saying how they aren’t going to buy Chanel bc of price, creativity, originality etc blah blah blah. Honestly it comes down to how expensive it is but since people don’t like to say they can’t or don’t want to afford things once they get priced out they are just adding fluff to make themselves feel better. I guarantee if prices were lower they wouldn’t say I anything except how happy they are they got their dream bag lol

But that is exactly what happens. The things one may overlook in a cheaper bag are not okay for 8-9k bag, that’s why those who still shop for Chanel bags nitpick them for the dear life.
i don’t think anyone would overlook anything even on less expensive Chanel bag. For example, if the woc flap was crooked I don’t think anyone would say it’s ok it’s not as expensive… people who nitpick will always nitpick… to a certain extent rightfully so it is their money.

i don’t think anyone would overlook anything even on less expensive Chanel bag. For example, if the woc flap was crooked I don’t think anyone would say it’s ok it’s not as expensive… people who nitpick will always nitpick… to a certain extent rightfully so it is their money.
I am with you. I am one of those nitpickers and while I'm definitely a lot more careful before buying a Chanel bag - boy did I make myself and maybe some SA's crazy before setting on my first CF :lol::giggle: - I am also not okay with crooked flaps or other obvious imperfections on a 100 € bag.

Unpopular opinion:
All those RTW pieces drowning in CC's look tacky. Sorry, but that's just not classy. Some pieces are 'fun', but at what price point?
But I know that they sell...

I like Chanel the brand in general. Some RTW are cool and are forever pieces (if you don't gain weight that is), but I think most are geared at very thin women. Tweed makes me really fat.

In terms of handbags, there are some perennial pieces and some fun pieces. I just don't like how everyone wants a CF or everyone must own a Chanel mini. There are no musts, Chanel is not a necessity and beauty and style is really individual.

I like Chanel the brand in general. Some RTW are cool and are forever pieces (if you don't gain weight that is), but I think most are geared at very thin women. Tweed makes me really fat.

In terms of handbags, there are some perennial pieces and some fun pieces. I just don't like how everyone wants a CF or everyone must own a Chanel mini. There are no musts, Chanel is not a necessity and beauty and style is really individual.
I had to giggle because I have a tweed Chanel jacket and I swear it makes me look bulkier or bustier than normal. I really don’t wear it much. Maybe it’s the cut of this particular piece…. I hope! I love the look of a tweed jacket on others.

Reactions: FlairBear
I had to giggle because I have a tweed Chanel jacket and I swear it makes me look bulkier or bustier than normal. I really don’t wear it much. Maybe it’s the cut of this particular piece…. I hope! I love the look of a tweed jacket on others.
I have two tweed jackets. The craftsmanship is amazing and the cut is actually pretty fitting. Such smart looks. But I usually have to be thinner to wear them, otherwise, I'm pretty critical of myself.

Tweed, because of the construction of the fabric is bulkier by nature so for women with bigger chests or heavier tops, it just doesn't work that well.

So I'm more of a Chanel handbag person than a RTW person. But don't you just love tweed dresses? I can't wear them.....

Back in the days, circa 2000, I had a lovely SA, she used to tell me that if I ever get married, we were going to go with a Chanel wedding gown. In the end, I went with Dior. :heart: