What are some of your unpopular Chanel opinions?

1. Some of the new season Chanel sneakers look like the adidas gazelle line.

2. The baseball themed Chanel deauvilles are ugly. Chanel and baseball are antithetical to one another.

3. Wish Chanel would stop with the cutesy hearts and ribbons in fashion jewelry and elsewhere. I get these looks are probably super popular in Asia and with the younger crowds, but for women who are over a certain age these details are just cringe.

4. I’ve never understood the attraction of the denim bags particularly in the 19 style. They look like a home ec project.

5. I can understand the allure and beauty of lambskin, but I will never ever buy a lambskin bag because it is exactly what it is - a lamb. Whenever I see the softness and suppleness of that lambskin bag all I can think of is the little lamb whose life was lost - that just doesn’t sit well with me. (And yes I get all leather bags are made from animal hide but something about using lambs really bothers me.) I wish Chanel would stop making so many lambskin bags.

Edit: I feel the same about calfskin leathers. Will never buy leather goods made of them.

My newest unpopular opinion is I don’t understand the multiple comments on this forum where people say that “people who complain about price increases are just jealous they are priced out”
Yes this may be one potential reason in a subset of people but there are so many reasons why people why people complain about price increases and I personally think this is judgemental.

(And I’m not one of the ones complaining as I have accepted the price increases as inevitable and no I’m not stopping buying Chanel atm)

My newest unpopular opinion is I don’t understand the multiple comments on this forum where people say that “people who complain about price increases are just jealous they are priced out”
Yes this may be one potential reason in a subset of people but there are so many reasons why people why people complain about price increases and I personally think this is judgemental.

(And I’m not one of the ones complaining as I have accepted the price increases as inevitable and no I’m not stopping buying Chanel atm)
100%. Or “people who are complaining are complaining because they can no longer afford Chanel” etc. I think “affordability” when it comes to designer bags is a little irrelevant - let’s face it, designer bags in general are not affordable. And just because you can afford something doesn’t mean you should buy it etc.

"Unpopular opinion" about the selling policy in general (that seems to be more and more like Hermes). I'm not sure my opinion on this will be that much unpopular in here, but it definitly is when I read google comments about the Chanel boutique in my country (yes, there's only one Chanel but I live in a small european country).

I am a little glad the boutique is holding on bags and clothings when anyone who's not a regular customer try to buy it (especially ressellers). They are even not letting enter some people without a long wait to discourage them and there's a special secret entry for regular customers.

I do understand it must be very frustrating when you are a tourist and want to purchase some bags or shoes that are difficult to get elsewhere. It must even be infuriating to have to wait outside for hours because they don't even let people come in easily (it wasn't always the case) and to see some customers popping on the store without waiting. I always ask for an appointment when I go to Chanel because I've became friend with my SA and want him and only him. And everytime I'm going to the boutique, I see a long line of resellers who try to purchase everything in the store to send it to other continents and they always get out of the boutique with empty hands. It's a very small boutique with very few selected items. It's not like Paris where they have a huge stock that can satisfy tourists and french customers. So they chose to not even sell some type of shoes and bags if you don't already own RTW because they are tired of seeing their customers not having the chance to purchase anything (already taken by resellers). And they don't order some pieces unless you specificly ask to during fashion shows. It does seem unfair for customers who cannot purchase RTW but it does feel rewarding when you are loyal to the brand.

BUT I do feel it is not normal when the staff is rude to customers. I never experiment it on a Chanel store but I do feel sometimes, some SA are very cold when they don't know you and it shouldn't be the case (I've seen some people being ignored in the boutique or just answers "no" everytime they ask for something). I also think it is very sad to not allowing someone to get their bag if they don't buy RTW. If they could only refuse ressellers, it would definitly be better.

Last edited:
Probably not unpopular, but I don’t love the new one bag and one SLG per month limit. As someone who does most of her luxury shopping once, or twice, per year, while vacationing, I want to purchase what I want, when I want. Stupid resellers ruined it for all of us! (Ducks for cover…)

Have you tried buying more yet? I didn’t have trouble when I bought (rebought what was stolen) 5 bags last summer.