What are reputation points?

SwankyMamaof3 said:
You said it multiplies w/ time.
So the longer you're here the more green dots?

Correct. Time of being a member influences your reputation marginally, so does your post count. But mainly, it grows by getting rep hits from other members for your contribs.

Vlad said:
Patience, young jedi! The force is strong with thee, but patience have you must.

The reputation system is there to occasionally reward members for their contributions to the community, and not a popularity contest. :Push: It's a fun feature to have, I hope it's not going to be perceived in a wrong way. Three
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
does not make you better of a member than just one
reputation_pos.gif
, ya know. :nuts:

I know. I just want to give credit where credit is due. There are a lot of really special ladies (and gents) on this forum, and this is a fun way to say I appreciate all the great advice! Thanks Yoda!;)

Okay, here is my dopey question... I clicked on my CP and see that one user has left me a green dot and it counts towards my total of 11. I also see that 3 other users have left me blue dots (like the one under Vlad's avatar) that aren't counting towards my reputation number. One of these person signed their name, so I know it was a positive approval dot. So why is it showing up blue instead of green? Did I somehow disable my approval thing and not know about it??

caannie said:
Okay, here is my dopey question... I clicked on my CP and see that one user has left me a green dot and it counts towards my total of 11. I also see that 3 other users have left me blue dots (like the one under Vlad's avatar) that aren't counting towards my reputation number. One of these person signed their name, so I know it was a positive approval dot. So why is it showing up blue instead of green? Did I somehow disable my approval thing and not know about it??

I'm not sure if they're adding.. I think the choices are approve, or disapprove, so they might not be + es. Why don't you give me a disapprove under the reputation and I can see if it takes away from mine and has a blue dot ?

caannie said:
The person who left you reputation does not qualify for having her rep hit counted yet. Most likely, too few posts.

Vlad said:
The person who left you reputation does not qualify for having her rep hit counted yet. Most likely, too few posts.

Yes!! Thanks for explaining that!! :idea: I guess the disapprove would be red. I can't leave anyone else approval today, I have maxed mine out! But it was in a good way!! :shame:

Say you accumulate 2000 plus points and your bar is all greens, a few red remarks from haters won't drop you into the red zone, but they might decrease your number of greens. Sheesh, this all seems so complicated.

Vlad said:
Say you accumulate 2000 plus points and your bar is all greens, a few red remarks from haters won't drop you into the red zone, but they might decrease your number of greens. Sheesh, this all seems so complicated.

It is, but that's why this board needs a Mr. Purseblog to explain it all !! :lol: