What are KEY staple Burberry pieces every girl should have?

elise.myers

Feb 18, 2012
If you love Burberry, which key pieces do you feel are absolutely needed to get your collection and wardrobe to a fabulous level? Right now I have a cross body/handbag in the exploded check print with deep leather embellishments that just screams British. I also have a silk/wool scarf in the trench check, a pair of camomile colored flats, and two packable totes in purple and also black check print. What do you think I should get next? I'm on a Burberry kick right now, and I really want to work on my collection. I already have a Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 I got in Paris when I was on vacation in 2004, 4 Longchamp bags, including 2 special edition bags (The Eiffel Tower and also tree with the birds) and also a new suede Tiffany's handbag in Tiffany blue, as well as a Tiffany scarf with gold and silver keys I tie from one of the handles. Just bought Hunter rain boots in black...I feel like I'm a girl who always has something in mind, so what do you think?

Here are a few ideas:
- Classic trench coat (whichever length works for you, but this is a MUST HAVE piece; what Burberry is famous for pioneering.)
- Classic cashmere mega-check scarf in camel colour.
- Our famous and ever popular quilted jackets.
- A Burberry purse of your choice that suits your tastes!
As I am not a big fan of the Haymarket / Nova check collection (just not my cup of tea - others LOVE IT) - so I will not push you to buy one. I do, on the other hand, LOVE pieces from the Prorsum collection. The bags are just one-of-a-kind and I think everyone should have at least one Prorsum bag in their collection.

I do have an exploded check handbag with a lot of leather detail. It is probably my favorite bag. It has the Burberry check, but in a more unique design, and the style in my option is classic. Actually, Burberry won't be making the Nova Check PVC bags anymore, because the way in which they make these bags is bad for the environment! Crazy, but Louis Vuitton does the same thing with all the coated canvas. I do want a Porsum bag and I really like last years spring collection. This year I wasn't so found of the looks. The really awesome thi g is that Porsum bags make their wAy to outlets, so I might just get one next. Have any suggestions? And I think everyone is dead on about the trench- for sure a must have..

Here are my Burberry bags:

Attachments

• image-3858523733.jpg
    image-3858523733.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 4,966
  • image-1829708887.jpg
    image-1829708887.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 4,840
  • image-3891912784.jpg
    image-3891912784.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 4,830
  • image-2116699496.jpg
    image-2116699496.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 4,910
definitely the trench coat, scarf, and even earmuffs. They are experts on climate related wardrobes...
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of their bags so much.
However, I would get anything from the Prorsum line. Effing fantastic.

Really cute bags OP, I love the exploded check canvas bag you got. I had one too but sold it during past hard times. I have a Nova left and matching wedges and I do have two more BB shoes, really love their shoes; lovely designs and they are extremely comfortable even the high ones. Their coats are fab in my opinion though I have never been a huge fan of trench coats but really love their quilts and lately I have even started thinking of a trench, at the moment though I am in love with their special edition peacock canvas bag. It is your choice what you get next, some go for classics, while others like different things from them. I do think their bags and shoes are of a great quality and so are their clothing items.

A purse of your choice, mine is the Burberry Prorsum Studded Knight Bag, they got at least one you'll like!
A trench, obviously.
A warm scarf for the winter

The great thing with Burberry is that they have so much variety! Everyone will find something they love.

EDIT: "A warm scarf.." You can tell that I'm from Norway...

Finally got my first Burberry trench!

Attachments

• image-1333487025.jpg
    image-1333487025.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 4,230
  • image-3855349775.jpg
    image-3855349775.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 4,249
  • image-1795163626.jpg
    image-1795163626.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 4,196
  • image-3661145659.jpg