What animal has been the "Love of your Life", past or present

All my dogs were the loves of my life because they loved me unconditionally......but my first dog had the most special place in my heart. He was a beagle with a broken tail--so it was crooked. He was in a litter and was not being picked out because of his tail but I fell in love with him. He was too cool. He acted like a cat and sat in the windows of the house, how he climbed to get in them???? He was so loving and funny. He got bit by a few pygmy rattle snakes (we lived on 5 acres) but always came out OK. Sad to say someone poisioned him---at least that is what the vet thinks. He got sick and had a stomach blockage. The vet tried, but nothing helped.....
We lived in a rural area with only 3 people on our road and they all had pets and sometimes they would come in to each others yardd, my beagles would sneak out of the back pool fence to chase rabbits.....but it really hurts to think that someone may have done this to my dog.
My other Beagle (a girl) died of old age and she really was the sweetest little thing who thought she was a big dog because she grew up with a rottie....
they were best friends.....
My rottie was a found dog, strong and very protective of me. A true mama's dog.....I felt safe with him. It was great living out on 5 acres and having him there when my husband traveled.
All my dogs were special and I still miss them.

Yes thats the one thing with having your pets buried at home you cannot move. I have often thought about moving but I really do not think I could leave them.

^^ I agree. I considered doing that, but I know we won't be in this house for more than a few years.

My dog Shaina was cremated, and I brought her ashes to her favorite place--just off a trail we used to run on together. I wrote her name on a little rock, and placed it there in her memory. I really like that I can always go there and remember her, and as I run on that trail, I can look over and tell her I love her. (:crybaby: Pathetic, I know!!!)