What American accent do you have??

OoH! I tool this the other day! I was Midland even though I'm from the Deep South (haha) most people say I don't have a southern accent . Good thing! It's SO annoying!

The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.
lolz!!

Wow, we really don't forget our roots!

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I was born in Michigan but moved to Florida when I was 8. Last time I visited Michigan, I noticed that my accent is definitely not as nasal as my family members who live up there. People in the North think I have a Southern accent, while people in the South can hear my Northern accent. I think living in the South has softened my Midwestern accent, but not taken it away completely. I think accents are fascinating.

Hmm...it seems I'm the only one to get:

What American accent do you have?Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

Weird because I'm a NYer.