What age would be appropriate to give daughter first LV?

Lieu

ILVOEMahina
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
Hi ladies!!
Just wondering what your thoughts are. I remember my mom buying me my first designer handbag (Gucci) in 6th grade. I'll be having a girl in Feb2011. I already purchased her an LV & don't plan on giving it to her until she is responsible to care for it. I know it sounds nuts, but I know by that time, the price increase may be so severe I wouldn't be able to get it for her:smile:

Wow that's wonderful! I got my first designer handbag (Burberry) in the 9th grade. Personally, I think an appropriate age would be when your daughter starts asking about it or has a great interest in designer items.

Wow that's wonderful! I got my first designer handbag (Burberry) in the 9th grade. Personally, I think an appropriate age would be when your daughter starts asking about it or has a great interest in designer items.

I agree. My first designer was a Dooney & Burke at the age of 7. Then in 6th grade I got the Gucci Pouchette. Ever since then its hard to stop buying, but I buy responsibly now.

As long as she is old enough to care for her things carefully. I say around age 12 or 13. Btw, what did you get her?

Yes! If and when I see that she is responsible to care for her things, I'll give it to her. My first LV I fell in love with was the Mono Petite Bucket. I sold that bag to my bf several years ago and now want it again:sad:
For London Avery (I already named her;), I got her the Red Epi Petite Bucket and I also enclosed a beautiful card with a little note tucked inside the bag for her! I know that I may sound insane to some, but it just feels right to me & I'm very excited.

Such a timeless piece. I love the Epi leather, I'm sure when your daughter is old enough to care for her things, this bag will make her extremely happy!

my parents gifted me with my first LV at 18, first yr in university, sort of as a welcome to being an "adult"/ yay you're done with high school present...

personally, i think older is better, like sweet 16th or 18th bday, gifting a middle school child with a designer bag could spark problems in school and an addiction to bags that might get hard to deal with...

for that matter, my parents have learned that gifting any teenager (me) with a designer bag starts off a crazy addiction....

Cute name. Such a timeless classic bag as well. Congrats to both in advance :smile:

Yes! If and when I see that she is responsible to care for her things, I'll give it to her. My first LV I fell in love with was the Mono Petite Bucket. I sold that bag to my bf several years ago and now want it again:sad:
For London Avery (I already named her;), I got her the Red Epi Petite Bucket and I also enclosed a beautiful card with a little note tucked inside the bag for her! I know that I may sound insane to some, but it just feels right to me & I'm very excited.

What a cute and extraordinary idea, OP!! :flowers:

My daughter (soon 9 yrs) has a multicolor vintage Epi Petit Noe in red, green and blue. I found it from a vintage bag shop in Tokyo (it was ridiculously cheap!). She looks so cute carrying it and nobody really recognizes it as a Vuitton... I have the larger Noe in black Epi so we can be bag twins. :P

On the other hand, I have no plans of buying her a brand new piece anytime soon. I think she can borrow my old ones (like my Musette Salsa) when she´s a bit older, maybe 12 or 13. And not to school, definately!!

Hi ladies!!
Just wondering what your thoughts are. I remember my mom buying me my first designer handbag (Gucci) in 6th grade. I'll be having a girl in Feb2011. I already purchased her an LV & don't plan on giving it to her until she is responsible to care for it. I know it sounds nuts, but I know by that time, the price increase may be so severe I wouldn't be able to get it for her:smile:

Congrats on the new baby!! I have an 11 month old daughter whom already wears diamond earrings. I think that she will get a designer bag when she tells me that she wants a purse. I didn't get my first bag (Gucci) until I was 15.

personally, i think older is better, like sweet 16th or 18th bday, gifting a middle school child with a designer bag could spark problems in school and an addiction to bags that might get hard to deal with...

for that matter, my parents have learned that gifting any teenager (me) with a designer bag starts off a crazy addiction....

I totally agree with this...

I can't say a specific age, but gives her when you feel that she is old enough to take care of her stuff and responsible enough to know not to bring it to school in order to create drama. I got my first designer handbags + lv when I was 12. I start driving to school when I'm 13 (my parents are not around that often, both working abroad at the time), but then I was responsible enough to know not to walk around showing off my keys/bags ;)