What advice would you give your 17-year-old self?

GO TO THE DOCTOR. Crippling joint pain for a 17 year old is NOT normal no matter how many people say it's in your head. You're not crazy, you're very sick. You don't have to always say "I'm fine," when someone asks you how you are! You don't have to put up with people making you feel sad and useless because your body hurts and you're tired all the time.

Please be kind to yourself. Please love yourself a little bit more every day, you're worth that at any weight. A struggle means you're trying, I see you doing the best you can. You're going to be okay, you're going to be okay, you're going to be okay and you are so loved.

Skip uni, go straight for internships, you'll save yourself from wasting tuition fees on people who only care about pigeon-holing you into a supply company when you want to work for designers.

Read up on leases, your parents are going to **** up and you'll have to know it from cover to cover.

Don't bother planning ahead for other people, they aren't looking out for you.

Finish college. If I had known what a difference having a college degree was going to make in my lifetime earnings I might have slowed down and applied myself to college. As it was I went for 1 year and dropped out to go to beauty school. If I had looked into that I would have found that I would spend 1 1/2 years in school (2000 hours) to get a license for a job that only paid me $100 a week to start out. I could have gone to secretarial school for 4 months and come out making more money.

I was in a hurry to grow up and move as far away from my old fashioned parents and the memories of a date rape that happened when I was 16. I got my cosmetology license, worked in a salon for a year and then moved to Honolulu when I was 20.

I was really lost when I graduated from high school as to what to become. I ended up becoming an accountant by my mid twenties but that was just luck. Still the lack of a degree definitely hurt my career.

I would also tell my young self to stay away from married men.
I'll tell myself to slim down and talk to more girls :sad:

Exercise
Don't think that you'll ever get any good and durable clothes in thrift stores. They are there for a reason.
Never buy shoes from a thrift store. Used shoes are bad shoes.
Don't wear high heels with bad support.
Wear well-supported shoes.

• Quit wasting time worrying about the dip****s around you. Most of them aren't worth it.
  • Put down the cheeseburger. No, really.
  • If you want to go to Parsons in NY, apply for ALL the scholarships. Quit letting idiots on avatar forums stress you out and put that effort into designing.
  • DO NOT listen to the adults! Don't let them confuse you - you have to decide on your own what you're going to do, and what anyone else wants can be damned.
  • Quit wasting your money on cheap crap. In six years, you are going to want ALL the LV!
  • Be more self-centered. Love yourself. Care primarily about yourself. Nobody else is going to give two ****s about you. Especially not T. Stay away from her; she's a *****.
  • Don't spend money you don't have, but don't be afraid to use a credit card! Just be responsible, dammit.

Enjoy your youth; don't be in a rush to grow up so quickly.

Study and work hard in college. Get as many internships as possible.

Don't turn that friendship into a romance; it's not worth it.