What about Vienna- THE OFFICIAL WIEN MEETING THREAD

Oh, by the way, I was in the "new" Hermès shop (corner of Bognergasse) today - what a difference...! Stairs everywhere... Not really my cup of tea.

The employees told me that the "old" Graben-store will be totally remodeled - nothing will be the same afterwards. The only thing that stays is the staircase!!
Sounds interesting.

Looks like we will have a very beautiful new Hermès boutique here in Vienna in March/April 2013, once they are completely finished.

Sound's interesting. I'll probably check out the interim store tmr

Sound's interesting. I'll probably check out the interim store tmr
new H store in Wien?
I was just there in May and the H store was on the Graben. I have been shopping in this store since it opened and the only time there was any sort of update to it was when they expanded to the photo shop next door and built the second floor. Then one had to go around the back by St. Peter's to enter.
Guess you mean that H has moved to the new high end shopping section on Tuchlauben, when the bank that went bankrupt used to be. That area is quite small, so I am surprised that H would do this during the holiday season.
In any case, I will stop by to see. But I will be spending all of my $ at the Salzburg and Zurich stores, since the Zurich store refunds the VAT right away.
Happy Holidays to all the lovely H people in Wien
susan von

Reactions: mrs.posh
Well I went by the H store in Wien, and guess what, the previous post is correct! very small store, have to go down three flights of steep stairs to get to the ladies rtw. very schon blue jacket there, but I didnt buy any rtw, unusal for me. it was all too complicated walking up and down 3 flights. I did buy one scarf/stole the last one, on the first floor, very small selection of scarves, etc.
dont know why the owners, jonaks, are doing this now during the high season Christmas, when they make most of their eruos. very poor planning. there was a young lady standing by the old h store on the graben telling people where the new one is located. she looked very silly.
in any case, all the action in Wien now is at the LV store, 3 floors, the biggest outside of Paris, I went ot the opening on Sat night with my friend, Francesa H, and its was a red carpet blast!all the promis were there inclduing anna net the famous opera star. then we all went to Fabios afterward. wow, what an evening, it was just like being in LA with all the beautiful people!
still trying to recover from it
sitll like the H store in Salzburg best, very nice staff and the owner is just the nicest person on the H planet!
happy H shopping to a you all
susan von

Well I went by the H store in Wien, and guess what, the previous post is correct! very small store, have to go down three flights of steep stairs to get to the ladies rtw. very schon blue jacket there, but I didnt buy any rtw, unusal for me. it was all too complicated walking up and down 3 flights. I did buy one scarf/stole the last one, on the first floor, very small selection of scarves, etc.
dont know why the owners, jonaks, are doing this now during the high season Christmas, when they make most of their eruos. very poor planning. there was a young lady standing by the old h store on the graben telling people where the new one is located. she looked very silly.
in any case, all the action in Wien now is at the LV store, 3 floors, the biggest outside of Paris, I went ot the opening on Sat night with my friend, Francesa H, and its was a red carpet blast!all the promis were there inclduing anna net the famous opera star. then we all went to Fabios afterward. wow, what an evening, it was just like being in LA with all the beautiful people!
still trying to recover from it
sitll like the H store in Salzburg best, very nice staff and the owner is just the nicest person on the H planet!
happy H shopping to a you all
susan von

I have been to that store and got a bit nauseous with those stairs. I find the SAs quite unfriendly but I supposed they sensed that I am tourist which is fair enough.

Enjoy the meet up!