What about Goyard?

I am also a Carnegie Hill mom...I was also thinking of purchasing a Goyard bag but now I am not so sure...getting a bit too status-y hence trendy on the UES. If I do decide to get one I will skip the tote and get a more unusual shape in black combo.

I've been thinking of a white Goyard saint louis....so much so that I went to my local Celine boutique to purchase a black bittersweet and ended up with a pearl one instead! guess what's on my wishlist now :shame: ?

wishlist for the rest of 2007:
GOYARD white saint louis pm
CELINE black bittersweet L

I have a Goyard St Louis and I really like it because it is very light and roomy. But if you are the type of person who needs a zipper or snap closure I wouldn't recommend it. Also it does not look or feel like it costs $900+ but people carry it because it's one of those bags that will gain people "status" among people who are "in" with fashion.

I looooove Goyard and the st louis tote is my "go to" bag. I have a couple other bags from them and I like the fact that you don't see them everywhere at least not here in LA.

It's not listed online any longer but, you can contact the SF Boutique and they'll be happy to answer any of your questions (and no, you don't have to live in SF for them to chat with you!). I love that Jeanne! It's one of my favs! and it's on my list!

I usually only buy LV. I have tried to stray, but always got sick of whatever designer bag I bought within a couple of weeks, and then would end up selling it on Ebay. Then I spotted Calista Flockhart's character's bag (on the show Brothers & Sisters) and had to have one. After I found out that it was a Goyard St Louis tote, I called Barney's in Boston MA and ordered one sight unseen (black w/brown handles, Calista's is blackw/black handles). I've had the tote for 3 week now and I'm not sick of it. I still love LV, but it's nice to have a little variety.

Hi all,i'm extremely interested in owning Goyard St Louis as well.I wonder if you know their prices? it's convenient to can get them in Harvey Nichol in Hongkong but it's nice to compare prices with United States first.Thanks

Hi all,i'm extremely interested in owning Goyard St Louis as well.I wonder if you know their prices? it's convenient to can get them in Harvey Nichol in Hongkong but it's nice to compare prices with United States first.Thanks

The St Louis tote is cheaper in Hong Kong than the States but some of the other styles for instance the Jeanne GM is considerably more in HK.

hi LVBagLady. I have not seen a Goyard IRL but I just placed an order for a St. Louis PM in Green. I was thinking of getting it in Black or Black/Brown but pretty much all my purses are in those colors.

Are you still loving your Goyard? Is there anything you don't like about it?