what about buying a designer bag and adding a zip closure ?

ANGELICA07

Jul 26, 2008
Hello,

As I can not find THE bag for me, I was wondering about buying a bag that can suit, even with no zip closure, and bring it to a shoe mender or, better, to a leather craftsman in order that he adds this zip closure ? :confused1:

I know this will be a big work, so I would rather ask this question here before doing anything.
The "Longchamp" sales clerk which I told that explained she would never do it because it is such a difficult work and you can never be sure of the final result.

Have you ever do that ? Give me your piece of advice please, bags experts ! :jammin:

Thank you !

I don't see why it should be a problem!

Also, many designers will do custom bags, so maybe that is what you should look into, that way you don't have to worry about having to modify a bag after you've bought it.

I don't see why it should be a problem!

Also, many designers will do custom bags, so maybe that is what you should look into, that way you don't have to worry about having to modify a bag after you've bought it.

Thank you !

Do you know which designers purpose custom bags ?
The "Longchamp" sales clerk told me they do not act so by this brand.

I have never had it done, but I don't think it's a good idea. It's going to be an awful lot of work, and it might spoil the line of your bag.
I would keep looking until I found a bag that suited me.

I had Ignes do a custom bag for me - pics attached. It normally closed with a magnetic closure but I had it changed to a zipper. I also had the drop length extended to leave more room to wear over a winter coat. I chose the color leather and suede lining as well as the color hardware. All for under $300! I've never had so much fun buying a bag, having such input into creating my own bag was an experience I treasure. The quality is excellent, the customer service was like nothing I'd ever experienced.

My Ignes Mini Sophia in Raspberry leather and raspberry suede lining with a custom drop size of 11 inches and zipper closure added.

minisophiainside1.jpg

LindaMiniSofiaInside.jpg

Linda

I posted a similar question to yours, wanting to find the perfect bag for me and having no luck. I was directed to the IGNES thread, and OH MY! Come see all the fun!

^^ omg sooo cute. and it was under $300?!?! i need to look into this brand haha

Yes, it was! Actually it was $250 with a first time buyers discount which included free shipping (customs paid), 15% discount, free modifications (the zipper and the drop) and complimentary suede lining. Oh and I also got my name engraved on the inside at no extra charge. It came with a dust bag and a purse hook.

I think prices are going to go up somewhat at the beginning of Sept but the first time buyer's discount still stands. You just have to mention that you are a member of TPF.

Linda

Oh Ignes lovers ;), could you please tell me if this brand is ditributed n Belgium (or in France ? ) ? :confused1:

Nothing on their website about it : no stockits mentionned for these locations !

Oh Ignes lovers ;), could you please tell me if this brand is ditributed n Belgium (or in France ? ) ? :confused1:

Nothing on their website about it : no stockits mentionned for these locations !

Not every country has a store in which the bags are available, but they do ship worldwide. During the weekday, if you go on the website in the "Handbags" section, you can have the opportunity to chat with Ignacio, who is one of the owners of the company. He is extremely pleasant and will answer all your questions. If you don't want to do that, you can send him an e-mail at [email protected].

Not every country has a store in which the bags are available, but they do ship worldwide. During the weekday, if you go on the website in the "Handbags" section, you can have the opportunity to chat with Ignacio, who is one of the owners of the company. He is extremely pleasant and will answer all your questions. If you don't want to do that, you can send him an e-mail at [email protected].

Thank you !

You are pretty-well informed ! :tup:

I'm gonna try to go on their site during the weekday to get Ignacio's direct answer ! ;)