What a waste of my time

clp moo em

bagaholic
Sep 18, 2008
I have just arrived home after a most stressfull shopping trip. So today i decide i will go and get the strap to go with my Damier Alma from the selfriges concession Oxford Street.
Anyone will know this time of year and on a saturday Oxford Street is very busy.
So i made my first mistake and got of at Oxford Street station rather than Bond Street which i then had to walk through a large crowd of shoppers for maybe 5-10 mins bad mistake on my part.
Finally arrive at Louis Vuitton que to get in as per usual, wait to be served.
My turn so i ask for the specific strap for my bag, SA say let me check for you so im waiting, waiting, waiting.
Then she walks past again and says she is going to check waiting still.
Finally she comes back to me and says out of stock here but Bond Street has two in stock. After asking again will they definatly have it she says yes writes down the number on a card so off i go to Bond Street store.
Served instantly by a lovely SA who calls the stock room for the said strap.
When it arrived it isnt for the alma it is a strap for a keepall or something.
So the SA said whoever wrote this down is an idiot as it isnt the correct strap that i asked for in the first.
So she now checks the stock with the correct product number only to then find out it was in stock at Selfriges. SA says i should go to the same person and complain.
So off i go back to Selfriges!! Long que to get in blah blah blah!! very annoyed by this point and the SA wasnt in sight so couldnt complain to here.
Any way i got my strap in the end but after so much time wasting caused by staff who dont know there products.
Now i have my strap and a free head ache thrown in from my beloved Louis Vuitton.

Sorry to hear about your experience! I know exactly what you mean about Oxford Street and Selfridges during this time of year, I always try to avoid the places if I can! On the brighter side, at least you came home with the strap you wanted.

I can understand your frustration, but please don't have a go at the staff working in the shop.

Firstly, they are not paid a lot of money for what they do, and many work there becuase they love the brand and do try to help as much as they can. Mistakes do happen and it is unintentional.

Secondly, Selfridges LV is possibly the worst place to go, don't know why they attract such a crowd, but they do, and its really hard for staff to keep up. They are constantly rusing and off their feet.

Thirdly, you should have been armed with the right product code, and more importantly, you should have FIRST called the customer service for availability and product code.They would have gladly reserved one for you.

But glad you got the strap...

Oh CometHailey, it is NOT the cumstomer's job to do the SA's job for them - get a clue... the customer does NOT have to do all the research before going out to have a pleasant shopping experience - parts of the SA's job is to KNOW THEIR PRODUCTS!!!

Salary has nothing to do with it...and they make more then you think - not a HUGE amount since they are not commissioned, but more then the average bear...

Firstly i never had a go at any of the staff and i am not the type of person to do that, just what the staff said.
Secondly i always buy my Louis Vuitton at Selfriges store and never had this problem before.
Thirdley they should know there products there is only one specific strap for the Alma. And she looked on the computer for the code.
I never posted here for a lesson on how to shop.
Thanks anyway

I can understand your frustration, but please don't have a go at the staff working in the shop.

Firstly, they are not paid a lot of money for what they do, and many work there becuase they love the brand and do try to help as much as they can. Mistakes do happen and it is unintentional.

Secondly, Selfridges LV is possibly the worst place to go, don't know why they attract such a crowd, but they do, and its really hard for staff to keep up. They are constantly rusing and off their feet.

Thirdly, you should have been armed with the right product code, and more importantly, you should have FIRST called the customer service for availability and product code.They would have gladly reserved one for you.

Oh CometHailey, it is NOT the cumstomer's job to do the SA's job for them - get a clue... the customer does NOT have to do all the research before going out to have a pleasant shopping experience - parts of the SA's job is to KNOW THEIR PRODUCTS!!!

Salary has nothing to do with it...and they make more then you think - not a HUGE amount since they are not commissioned, but more then the average bear...[/QUOTE

Thank you someone who understands:smile:

Last edited:

^^^^^^^^^^^
seriously? hmmmmm....that was an, how do I put it?...interesting lecture. Do you work there?:confused1:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice comments.The strap is great and has been used today 100% happy with my purchase!

Sorry about that hassle!!! For the record it IS in fact Vuitton SA's "job" to you know their products, hence the word "JOB." I know my job requirements. So they should know theirs, just stating facts. It is not your job to know product codes. Glad you got your strap!! :biggrin:

I do kind of agree with CometHailey not regarding the salary but I do think some SAs only work there because they love the brand such as my SA who works there part time because she loves the brand.

I just think that Saturday at Selfridges during the Christmas period is going to be a busy period and this can be incredibly stressful for SAs and anyone who is in that position. It's impossible to be pleasant to every customer, you can only do what you can! And like everyone in this world, we all make mistakes so don't worry too much about it!

Regarding your comment about staff not knowing their products, I think this is hard to know EVERYTHING about every single one of their products, they're mostly clued up on the most popular products. Above all of this though is that the LV system isn't descriptive at all and may only say "Damier strap" on the screen so it's easy for the confusion imo.

Anyway, pleased you got your strap!