What a steal! But now I'm confused...

prachi

O.G.
Aug 4, 2009
Hey guys! I've been MIA for awhile, on a much needed bag ban...until this past weekend...

I was randomly at a boutique in Chicago when I saw the grey large single F/09 on super sale for $300! They also had the large single in black python for the same price. I was in serious dilemma mode because I already own the large single in beige.

Long story short, I ended up buying both on final sale and am now a little overwhelmed with the number of large singles I own. I like the bag, but on a daily basis I usually carry my Christy bc I'm a little bit of a pack rat.

I have to keep the grey one, bc seriously my heart beats a little faster every time I see it...but what to do about the other two.

My feeling is that I will use the python very rarely bc of the texture of the bag ruining cotton/wool fabrics, but I like the rocker feel of the bag (something I need a little more of in my life).

And I've always loved my beige single....it goes well with the girly warm colors in my wardrobe, but I have to get rid of one...I just can't justify owning three of them.

Sorry for the ramble...just all the confused thoughts coming out here. Ideally I would just keep all three, but that feels silly...I won't use them enough for that.

Ahh! This is what a sale on singles will do! :nuts:

Wow what a bargain, 2 for 1! I would keep all 3 lol as many of us have multiples of the same bag in different colors but if you don't see yourself using that many then I would sell off the python one. I'm sure a lot of ladies here wouldn't mind taking it off your hands lol. I would keep the beige though tcuz it's a perfect neutral.

btw, the boutique was Scoop NYC...if anyone is on the hunt for either of the bags, might be worth calling them (I cleaned out the Chicago one though). pretty sure they do charge sends.

I think you should get rid of the black python and send it to me :P

Seriously, though, unless the grey goes with as much of your wardrobe as the beige, the black python should go if one has to. Maybe use the funds you get from returning that to invest in another rocker-type bag that you won't worry about wearing with certain clothes.

The python embossed doesn't really do as much damage as suggested in some threads. It's pretty tame unless u wear I guess silk or some kind of sweater that could catch. I have 2 of these.

I vote for the black to stay! It's harder to find and slammin'.

I say get rid of beige...there r so many beige choices by MJ that are larger bags IMO ;) Like the sd python beige beat bag-now there's a total package!

I agree with most people above... keep the grey and beige. I have the grey and I know how you feel about that color. It's one of my favorite bags! The beige is gorgeous also. I'm still looking for something in that color. It's the perfect neutral! Either way, congrats on your purchases! Pics?? :graucho:

I think you should get rid of the black python and send it to me :P

Seriously, though, unless the grey goes with as much of your wardrobe as the beige, the black python should go if one has to. Maybe use the funds you get from returning that to invest in another rocker-type bag that you won't worry about wearing with certain clothes.
ha! that's what i was gonna say. hey faith! howz about we share it :winkiss:

I left my camera at a friend's place...will try to take web camera photos later!

Thank you guys for your help! The reason I'm shying away from keeping the beige and grey is just bc they are the exact same bag (whereas the python has the padlock and different texture).

But I know it might be silly to be hung up on having two of the exact same bag...its just not something I'm that into though. SIGH.

I'm really interested to hear more about people's experiences with python...that is my biggest concern with the bag.

ITA! i have had absolutely NO issues with the embossed python and i use mine A LOT!
The python embossed doesn't really do as much damage as suggested in some threads. It's pretty tame unless u wear I guess silk or some kind of sweater that could catch. I have 2 of these.

I vote for the black to stay! It's harder to find and slammin'.

I say get rid of beige...there r so many beige choices by MJ that are larger bags IMO ;) Like the sd python beige beat bag-now there's a total package!

Minamiz--what's been your experience with the python? like what do you wear it with that it doesn't cause too much damage?

I'm an odd bird and wear whatever with any bag. I like contrast. So I've actuallly worn sweats and a t w/ my baby-stam sd python and I think it looks just fine.

The python on the beige seem a bit more delicate to me than on the stam....like the edges of each diamond patch of leather might furl up easier...so I'd actually be more concerned about my clothing damaging the bag LOL.

I know some folks had experienced a run in their nice/delicate clothing but I really don't wear delicate knits or that much silk. Oh and I wear the baby cross-body so it does rub on my clothes but since the bag costs more that most of my clothing I don't really care.

I think the beige is a safe choice but u mentioned u need a little more rocker in ur life and this is it!

I still vote black all the way...and get your hands on a beige python beat or rio or regular bag that is bigger.

Here's the baby-stam:

I think you said they were final sale? Maybe that wasn't the embossed python? I say keep the black one because it is different than the beige and grey. It might be the same style but it takes on a different look than just the plain quilted leather. With that being said, if you keep the black but won't use it because you are nervous about it, then I say let it go! Its a hard choice for sure!