What a steal! But now I'm confused...

First of all: Congrats on such a steal!

Second: The grey is by far the prettiest of them all! I know it's out of the question, but just wanted to reassure you that you keep that one. Gorgeous!

Personally, I'd sell both Beige and the Black. Finance something different you will love more with them. But I could never justify owning the same bag in different colors, so that's just me…

If you need to keep 2, keep the Grey and the Black. They are different enough from each other and both gorgeous. The Beige looses a bit against those two, IMO.

Ok, have much thought and such great input from you guys, I think I've decided to keep the grey and python. I'm going to take the python to a shoe/handbag repair shop this morning to see if they can take out about half of the chain links. That way the bag won't swing as much and hopefully it will prevent some damage to my clothes.

Am picking it up tomorrow afternoon, will definitely post pics. I'm having 8 inches of the chain part of the strap removed so it will hang at my natural waist rather than at my hip. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Am picking it up tomorrow afternoon, will definitely post pics. I'm having 8 inches of the chain part of the strap removed so it will hang at my natural waist rather than at my hip. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm really interested to see pics of your bag when you pick it up. I just bought a small quilted single in beige and I'm so short that the bag falls below my hip almost to my thigh and I've been contemplating on how to shorten the chain. I'm very hesitant to leave it at any shop as it's beige.

Here are some pictures! They took a 7 links off each side of the bag, so now there are a total of 10 links on each side.

It is exactly what I wanted. The length is so much more comfortable now and it swings around much less! The bag actually feels so much more protected being right under my arm rather than at my hip.

I included a pic so you can see the difference between its original length and the new length. And now its even more different than my grey one!

Brandless--I know what you mean about being nervous leaving the bag there. It actually only takes them 30 minutes to do it, so maybe call ahead and see if they have time to do it right away? Another option, something I considered, is wrapping the bag in plastic or something to protect the leather.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.41 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.41 #2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.41 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.41 #3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.41.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.41.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.42.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-09 at 13.42.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for posting the pics! Good suggestion about wrapping the bag. I'll have to research the shops here and find out how reliable they are. If worse comes to worst, I might try it myself. I've been searching online for the proper tool and came upon a chandelier plier that is supposedly able to open and close a chain link without damaging the finish. But if that happens, I'll practice first on some other chains!

Wow prachi, I think your shortened Single looks fantastic!!! :smile:
And you're right, the shortened length does make it even more different than the grey, so I think that's the two you're keeping for sure, right? Great choices!

Bump! I want to have two crossbody chains shortened. I am glad Prachi posted pics that it can be done.

Has anyone else shortened their chain straps? Anyone have pics? I would love to see more of these!