What a rude seller ...

gummyb34r5

O.G.
Sep 19, 2010
I was looking at this WOC on eBay and in order to get it authenticated I needed a couple more picture so I sent the seller this message: "Would you mind taking a couple more pictures of the bag. I am in the process of getting it authenticated and the authenticator wants to see a picture of the Chanel and made in stamps and the sticker and zipper pull. Thank you!"

And she replies: "For the record, all my CHANEL items are authentic, as I personally purchased them at the boutique. Please don't question my items and their authenticity. Therefore, no more pictures shall be forthcoming."

Ugh! Rude and very defensive for something that is 100% authentic! >:sad: I remember when I was selling my speedy 30 on kijiji, I took any extra pictures that buyers wanted.. Why? Because I'm confident that my bag is real!! I didnt have anything to hide. This seller though, argh frustrating.

Anyways, rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. LOL

When you have that kind of response, you need to move on!!!

Not the kind of seller I would want to deal with...

Perhaps she didn't like the fact that you were asking q's & that the authenticator
needed clearer & more pics...

And that perhaps her item was not authentic as she would lead you to think that
it was..

DISCLAIMER: I don't know Chanel and have no idea of authenticity. I'm just pointing out the record.

I think this is a defense mechanism and leads me to question the authenticity even more.......

LOL! My guess is that you're probably right.

Here's the OP's AT request and the authenticator's request for more pictures:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...rmat-outlined-1st-798249-43.html#post23854902

And the seller's response:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...rmat-outlined-1st-798249-47.html#post23857559

What I find interesting is the seller, dagex's feedback:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=dagex&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

Congratulations, OP for doing your homework before giving this seller your hard-earned money.

Wow. Doesn't sound like she is a resonable person. I'd be tempted to reply "thank you for your quick response. I have decided to move on and give a more accommodating seller my $500. Have a great day :smile:"

WOW! That a lot of bad feedback, omg I feel that much more grateful that I didn't bid! Some poor buyer bidded $1100 on it already though, :/ I hope it's real for her sake. For me though, I rather not take that chance!

DISCLAIMER: I don't know Chanel and have no idea of authenticity. I'm just pointing out the record.

LOL! My guess is that you're probably right.

Here's the OP's AT request and the authenticator's request for more pictures:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...rmat-outlined-1st-798249-43.html#post23854902

And the seller's response:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...rmat-outlined-1st-798249-47.html#post23857559

What I find interesting is the seller, dagex's feedback:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=dagex&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

Congratulations, OP for doing your homework before giving this seller your hard-earned money.

When I see something like "don't even question authenticity" in a description, I generally move on. Why would I want to deal with a seller that is already yelling at me? :nogood:

Although I don't know this seller and have not idea if she sells authentic items or not, the negative feedback she received has to be taken with a grain of salt. The buyer who claimed that the broch she bough was not authentic has 0 feedback and that is the only feedback she ever left. It is hard to know for sure since it is not possible to look at the listing now, but maybe the listing did not say that the item came with a box and the original Chanel tag. The buyer could have jumped to a wrong conclusion. I had that happen before too and always with new and inexperienced buyers. The other feedback does not say in any way that the item is not authentic. I actually remember Chanel canvas beach bag from a few years ago. Don't know if it is the same one, but I did see it at Saks Off 5th once and was surprised that it cost what it did, when in my opinion it was not worth $50.
Now, I do agree that the seller was rude and unprofessional in her response. She lost herself a sale.

Although I don't know this seller and have not idea if she sells authentic items or not, the negative feedback she received has to be taken with a grain of salt. The buyer who claimed that the broch she bough was not authentic has 0 feedback and that is the only feedback she ever left. It is hard to know for sure since it is not possible to look at the listing now, but maybe the listing did not say that the item came with a box and the original Chanel tag. The buyer could have jumped to a wrong conclusion. I had that happen before too and always with new and inexperienced buyers. The other feedback does not say in any way that the item is not authentic. I actually remember Chanel canvas beach bag from a few years ago. Don't know if it is the same one, but I did see it at Saks Off 5th once and was surprised that it cost what it did, when in my opinion it was not worth $50.
Now, I do agree that the seller was rude and unprofessional in her response. She lost herself a sale.

I'm not saying that the seller has or has not sold fakes. I'm just pointing out that there's feedback indicating the possibility, accurate or not. My point is that a seller who has "questionable" (at best) feedback, especially comments questioning authenticity should be more than happy to prove authenticity of her item when she has an interested potential buyer.

Most sellers should know (or at least assume) buyers will look at feedback so balking at proving what should have been shown in the first place is a huge red flag, IMO.

When I see something like "don't even question authenticity" in a description, I generally move on. Why would I want to deal with a seller that is already yelling at me? :nogood:
Exactly! I think I'm pretty understanding. If an auction has all the needed photos to authenticate, the receipt, all the tags and the original box, I can understand the seller would be annoyed if they constantly got questions like "is it authentic?". BUT in her case, she does NOT have all the needed photos, no receipt, and it wasn't like I didn't try to get it authenticated before asking .. Oh well. Its too bad, cause I really like that WOC. -.-

I sent her back the message: "Hello there, Sorry that I have offended you. But as a buyer I want to take as many safe precautions as possible, so asking for more pictures is not unreasonable. Sorry you feel that I attacked your credibility, but by no means did I mean to do that."

As bad as this sounds, I kind of hope she was just having a bad day and decides to take those darn pictures for me! LOL. I reaaally want that WOC. Why must there be such limited amount of eBay sellers from Canada. :/

Last edited:
Exactly! I think I'm pretty understanding. If an auction has all the needed photos to authenticate, the receipt, all the tags and the original box, I can understand the seller would be annoyed if they constantly got questions like "is it authentic?". BUT in her case, she does NOT have all the needed photos, no receipt, and it wasn't like I didn't try to get it authenticated before asking .. Oh well. Its too bad, cause I really like that WOC. -.-

I sent her back the message: "Hello there, Sorry that I have offended you. But as a buyer I want to take as many safe precautions as possible, so asking for more pictures is not unreasonable. Sorry you feel that I attacked your credibility, but by no means did I mean to do that."

As bad as this sounds, I kind of hope she was just having a bad day and decides to take those darn pictures for me! LOL. I reaaally want that WOC. Why must there be such limited amount of eBay sellers from Canada. :/

What a great reply. Too bad she missed out on dealing with such a classy gal. Bad for her, good for you!

I hate rude sellers!!! My mom for my birthday told me if I found a Gucci bag I wanted on eBay, she's pay for it on her Bill Me Later (since I'm banning myself so I can get out of debt). I found one and asked the seller if she'd consider coming down on the price at all since it was on sale on Gucci's site, but that I COMPLETEY understood if not, I would probably still purchase it anyway. She got all huffy and was like "I might as well just keep it"... Ok, it was just a simple question and if she weren't so b****y with her response I probably still would have bought! She lost out on my sale and I purchased it from someone else. Hers is still listed last I looked :lol:

I don't know if this is the right place for this. But is there a list on this forum of trusted sellers? Or a list somewhere of sellers of bags that have consistently good ratings and that people trust? Not looking to promote myself as I don't sell bags, or anyone else, but just curious if this exists.