What a rotten day...

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
So, for the past week I have been watching a Coach Hampton's Tote for my new laptop...

I was so excited about the bag, it even matched a wristlet I already had, so I knew I just HAD to have it!

So I was sitting in my friends apartment, and it came down to the final few minutes, and I put my bid in of 62.58, then I decided to up it too 71 just to be sure I got the bag.

Then all of a sudden my trusty Sidekick ID started to act up, the screen went all pink, the letters went backwards. But I was sure I got my bid in. I refreshed the page at 36 seconds, and then my phone freezed, and the screen fried. But I was confident I had won...

Well I tried to fix my phone... but it's fried, nothing can be done... I almost cried, I loved my phone, we've been through alot together over the years...now he's dead.... :shucks::crybaby:

But I didn't feel as bad... I was gettting my new-to-me tote:yahoo:

So I tell the BF about what happened, and he took me too steak and shake too cheer me up...

YUCK! In total, we got a gnat in his water, and a long whispy hair baked into my cheeseburger...:throwup:

But hey, it was cool...I was about too see how much I'd spent on my tote

Well we finally went too the library to use the internet... and low and behold... my phone never sent out my max bid... I LOST MY BAG BY $1!!!

I am pretty devasted right now... no phone... no bag... and a spoiled appetite....

Thanks for listening to me vent guys... I just needed too tell someone who'd understand.

And here is that beautiful bag:
BYrZNYBWkKGrHgoOKi0EjlLmUvDqBKiz9wS.jpg

Oh, that is rotten! I remember those days I've had similar let downs but then I got bidnapper service. I don't even need to be anywhere near a computer to place my bid.
I hope you have a winning day soon! Another bag will show up, I just know it...

So sorry about your rotten day. I'm sure you'll find another bag that you love even more and will hopefully cost you less.

I had my first eating experience at a Steak and Shake about 2 months ago. We had nothing but great food and even greater shakes. We don't have Steak and Shake out here in Arizona, so everytime we passed one I tried to stop so we could try a new shake. Sorry your meal was so bad.

Good luck with your bag search. Just remember that half the fun is in the search/hunt.

I'm so sorry to hear about your day, Louislover! :hugs: Here's hoping you score an even BETTER bag soon...

And where have I been...? I've never even heard of Steak and Shake...are they on the West Coast? :confused1:

EDIT: I just looked up the Steak and Shake website and apparently as far "west" (if you can call it that) as they go is Texas.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you had a rotten day with your phone and missing out on the final bid. We've all had cr@ppy days like that before in some form or another.

:heart: But hopefully you will find another one on eBay that is better. :heart:

That is so frustrating! I have lost auctions when I forget about them, but having placed a bid and technology crapped out, that sucks! I hope another one turns up soon!

oH that is so aweful, I am so sorry. I just hate it when I loss a bag of so little..
Shake it off and start a new day this afternoon.... If you have an Outlet near you why don't you try & go maybe she is waiting for you there...

Aw just remember, eBay only bids as much as necessary so their max proxy bid might have been $100s more but it will only show the difference of $1 or whatever the increment on that particular auction is. So you never really know how much you lost it by.