What a Kelly find! ❤️

Lanymara

O.G.
Sep 15, 2013
So... about a year ago I wondered whether I should save for a Hermes Kelly or buy a Louis Vuitton Alma BB (Alma BB or save for Hermes Kelly?
https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/Alma-BB-or-save-for-Hermes-Kelly?.931573/).

Well, I am lucky enough to have a wonderful boyfriend who presented me with a beautiful Damier Ebene Alma BB, which I use almost daily, so I didn't think to much about this question anymore as I came to finde Hermes bags unreasonably pricey...

Skip forward half a year and I was walking past a second hand shop on my way home and spot... a beautiful vintages Hermes Kelly in my dream colour, Rouge H!

Seeing it I started debating whether to take the plunge and buy it despite not having a authenticity card or to skip this chance. Informing myself through this forum and other webpages I have decided to authenticate the bag myself and buy it, risking that it might be a very good fake, though the store, which sells vintage designer pieces, said it was real. However, as I brought it to Hermes they were happy to look at it and taking it to their spa which they only do with their own bags, which means that I had a lucky find! [emoji847]

Here are some pictures before the spa. As I see it the bag must be from 1970, though the SA from Hermes thought it might be from the 1980s. Can anyone confirm?

I will post some post-spa pictures tomorrow and hopefully some pictures of it being worn - still don't dare carrying it as it is the most valuable (tough not the most expensive according to buying price!) purse I own [emoji4]

Thanks for reading my Hermes story! [emoji177]

IMG_1497211810.408560.jpgIMG_1497211829.891722.jpgIMG_1497211868.186708.jpgIMG_1497211919.403624.jpg

i'm not an hermès expert by any means, so can't tell you much about it. if you want to be safe you could use bababebis authentication process via her website.
as for the year: there is a list here on the purseforum, where it says that a Z without a circle or square would mean that your bag is from 1970.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-date-stamps-by-year.115238/

it for sure is a beautiful find!
enjoy it!

1970 Rouge H box calf retourné, looks like a 35 or 32 but I have no size reference.
Totally classic Hermès gem and apparently a steal, enjoy her!

So... about a year ago I wondered whether I should save for a Hermes Kelly or buy a Louis Vuitton Alma BB (Alma BB or save for Hermes Kelly?
https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/Alma-BB-or-save-for-Hermes-Kelly?.931573/).

Well, I am lucky enough to have a wonderful boyfriend who presented me with a beautiful Damier Ebene Alma BB, which I use almost daily, so I didn't think to much about this question anymore as I came to finde Hermes bags unreasonably pricey...

Skip forward half a year and I was walking past a second hand shop on my way home and spot... a beautiful vintages Hermes Kelly in my dream colour, Rouge H!

Seeing it I started debating whether to take the plunge and buy it despite not having a authenticity card or to skip this chance. Informing myself through this forum and other webpages I have decided to authenticate the bag myself and buy it, risking that it might be a very good fake, though the store, which sells vintage designer pieces, said it was real. However, as I brought it to Hermes they were happy to look at it and taking it to their spa which they only do with their own bags, which means that I had a lucky find! [emoji847]

Here are some pictures before the spa. As I see it the bag must be from 1970, though the SA from Hermes thought it might be from the 1980s. Can anyone confirm?

I will post some post-spa pictures tomorrow and hopefully some pictures of it being worn - still don't dare carrying it as it is the most valuable (tough not the most expensive according to buying price!) purse I own [emoji4]

View attachment 3727969View attachment 3727970View attachment 3727972View attachment 3727974
Congrats, your Rouge H K is vintage dream. Wear her in the best of health.

View attachment 3727969View attachment 3727970View attachment 3727972View attachment 3727974

What a great find!! You a very lucky girl! What a great start of the H journey! It's meant to be. Gorgeous!!!