Wham it hit me!! Fell hard for the Lindy

I think there was an old Lindy thread somewhere, but I can't remember if we actually compared the two bags. The 34cm is comparable to the 35cm Birkin in terms of what it can hold; it can hold a ton. It's a highly practical bag; I use an XL Chameleon insert in mine so things aren't swimming around in the 34cm. B/c someone had asked, I was able to fit in a newspaper folded in half without any issue (after taking out my insert). The Lindy's biggest advantage over the Birkin is the comfortable shoulder strap and the short double handles. The former is obvious but the latter is quite handy when lifting your bag out of the car...it's not swinging into things. Looking back, I sort of wish I got this bag in a fun color b/c it's such a fun bag, but black definitely works well for me as well.

RC, to answer your question, I grab the Lindy when I want to be more low key and need a shoulder strap; i.e., taking DD to the zoo or other more casual outings. I always miss my Birkin and Kelly though when I don't have them so they are still on the top of my list, but the Lindy is great when you need to hold a lot for a more casual, low-key setting (speaking only re: the 34cm).

RC, I personally like bigger bags (even though I'm 5'3") so I really preferred the Lindy in the 34cm. Having seen your modeling pix, I think you'd look fab with either so I think it depends mostly on how much you'd want to carry in your bag. I used mine on a flight once and stuffed an H-shawl in there, a book, iPod, makeup case, wallet, pen case, agenda, phone, my jewelry case, and some other misc. items and still had room to spare. If you set it on a flat surface it looks like a rectangular box (someone likened it to a small dog carrier, and I agree). One of my favorite attributes is that it is fairly easy access. I usually just leave the zips done and slide my hand underneath the flap to grab something quickly and leave the two straps dangling instead of hooking them on the turnlock (except during travel).

Here you go Ros; a photo of the Large, x-sturdy Chameleon inside the 34cm Lindy. I also threw in a photo of how a WSJ can fit inside as well as an old modeling picture taking during the winter for a casual errand.

Attachments

• CIMG2478.jpg
    CIMG2478.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 188
  • CIMG2541.jpg
    CIMG2541.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 130
  • CIMG2510.jpg
    CIMG2510.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 238
RC, I tried one on in Alaska at the urging of the SA....think it was Etoupe swift and toile. It fits up under the arm nicely as well as on the shoulder. It's squishy and will hold a lot..... but, after an initial interest when they were first introduced, which waned when I finally saw pics, I really only tried it to please the SA as my mind was on other things in cold cold Alaska.

On YOU, anything would look great. The only question is, would YOU like it?

Really not sure but I am going to blame it on Maggie!!!

RC, I am flattered that my Lindy is inspiring you. :blush: My decision to buy a Lindy was a huge surprise to me and then the even bigger surprise has been how much I enjoy it. Mine is a 30 and it carries more than my 32 Kelly or 31 Bolide and I find it very easy to get into. And boy do I love those pockets on the outside of it. The only thing I miss about my Kelly when I carry my Lindy is feeling more "professional" so I don't carry it if I know I will be meeting with a client. I'm also really glad that I got mine in a fun color (turquoise) since my Kellys and Bolides are all conservative neturals. You are so much more fashionable and hip than I am that I think you would look really great carrying a Lindy (but then you look great in every bag you carry). Go for it!!!

Orchids, do you find that you grab the Lindy for certain activities (vs your Kellys or Birkins?)
Gazoo, good question. I think that I would opt for my Lindy instead of the Birkin on days that I wanted a shoulder bag.

RC, I have been using my Lindy everyday since I got her. Mine is in etoupe swift. Here's a pic of my Lindy I took with PrincessB when she was with me.

attachment.php

Even on days that I carry my birkin, I will definitely switch over to my Lindy should I have a chance to pop home before taking my kids out.

I am without my Lindy now, as it's back at the store for a clean up and a bit of re-stitching. I am feeling lost without my favourite shoulder bag. I am hoping to get it back tonight so that I can get onto a plane with her at the end of the week! Other H bags just wouldn't do.