WG or YG

Hello! I am about to purchase my first live bracelet, but for the life of me I can’t decide on WG or YG. I am tan in case you all are wondering :smile:

Help!

Definitely yg but maybe even rg. I’m medium tan skin as well and something about the warmth in the gold tones suits our skin tone perfectly!! I have 2 yg and might now add a wg love in the middle to complete the stack. But for my first love I had the same dilemma as you but as soon as I tried the different options I knew right away it would be either yg or rg! I ended up going with yg because my watches are two toned white and yellow gold, but his rg is also stunning!! Good luck [emoji173]️

I had the same dilemma for my first Love. I binge read threads on this board trying to answer that myself. I have always worn white gold and silver. EVERYTHING I own is WG/Silver. So I was hesitant to add YG into my mix. But the more and more I saw people post what their WG bracelets look like with age, the more I felt like YG was the way to go. YG will look amazing even after years of wear and scratches. Unless you buy the WG Love with diamonds, it is not rhodium plated and their white gold is more of a gunmetal grey tone. So you'd have to rhodium plate it your self if you want the white shiny look. And white gold will yellow over time and need re-plating and not only is it $500 at Cartier, but you have to leave it with them for like 2 weeks. I'm not parting with my Love that long. LOL. I've only had it for 5 days and I've already forgotten all about my worries about mixing metals. I love my YG. So glad I went with a classic! Not a single regret.

I went with WG for my first love as I didn't think I was a YG kind of guy, as in not flashy. I decided that I wanted a second love to stack, and always assumed I get another WG. Just for grins I tried on a YG with the WG and WOW - I really liked the look of the two together. The WG really changes the appearance of the YG, and for me the look works.

I am assuming the Cartier WG has a Rhodium plating as most WG jewelry does. It is very easy to have that plating reapplied every couple of years or as needed. Cartier should do it as a complimentary service, otherwise any good jeweler can do it and it’s not very expensive. The piece will look like new again!

I went with WG for my first love as I didn't think I was a YG kind of guy, as in not flashy. I decided that I wanted a second love to stack, and always assumed I get another WG. Just for grins I tried on a YG with the WG and WOW - I really liked the look of the two together. The WG really changes the appearance of the YG, and for me the look works.

Bob have you a pic of the two together? Would love to see on a guy

I am assuming the Cartier WG has a Rhodium plating as most WG jewelry does. It is very easy to have that plating reapplied every couple of years or as needed. Cartier should do it as a complimentary service, otherwise any good jeweler can do it and it’s not very expensive. The piece will look like new again!
The WG Love bracelet without diamonds is not rhodium plated. However, the Love bracelets with diamonds are rhodium plated.

Reactions: HeartHermes
Miznina- Sure, would love to post a photo, but I don't have it yet. I bought it just after Christmas and it was out of stock locally. The boutique found one in New York, but I'm on the west coast. I wanted it engraved, so I opted to have it engraved while it's in NY, then take delivery. I got the call last week that it's available for pickup, and the store is 400 miles from me. I hope to have it by mid February. Will post a photo then.

Bob have you a pic of the two together? Would love to see on a guy