We've Missed You, YEAH RIGHT!!!

aubreyjane

O.G.
May 25, 2008
Okay so I have been buying HH bags since the beginning, but because of all of the mess that has been going on recently I stopped. However a couple of weeks ago I received a 25% off + free shipping coupon to be used on any one purchase. There were absolutely no restrictions other than the fact that it was one time use and expires 4/25/10. I was not planning on using it until the new sale started. Just to confirm I called CS and made sure that I could use it on sale items, I was told yes. However when I went to use it to purchase a TS it would not work so I called CS back, they said the code was not showing activated and would have to get ahold of Tech Support to fix it. I then got and email the next day saying it was fixed so I tried it again it still would not work so I called CS again today. They told me they are looking into it, I then got an email this evening saying they apologize for the misinformation that I received but that the code could not be used during this current promotion. WHAT!?!? It is that kind of crap that has turned me off from HH!!!

Here is exactly how the email read, tell me where I am wrong:

"We Miss You! Hi -- we haven't seen you in a long time. We wanted to thank you for shopping with us in the past, and to offer you 25% off your next purchase and free domestic ground shipping. In order to redeem your discount, cut and paste this special code into the Discount/Gift Code box at checkout. This offer is valid for you only, for one use, and expires 4/25. Code good for an additional 25% off your order and free domestic ground shipping":

Oh My Word... they are so wrong... clearly you are correct and clearly they are such d*bags to their customers when it gets down to the nitty gritty..

Oh my word, aubreyjane. How could that possibly have happened?

In light of your experience, we should be stampeding to purchase the HHoupons because the powers that be at HH sit down at least every week to discuss policy. I am sure that there will be no restrictions as clearly stated:

Thank you for five great years! We're offering our special edition Five Years in Five Weeks gift certificate (a $200 retail value) for $155. Only available until April 15th.

Your unique gift certificate code will also grant you admission to special Five Years In Five Weeks gift code holder only online sales, invitations, and events in 2010.

One business day after purchase you will receive by email a graphic featuring your unique anniversary gift card code. This certificate is valid online and in-store at any time and applies to any purchase.

This certificate may be used on all regularly priced, on sale, and special offer items. This certificate may be combined with any and all discount codes, store credits, coupons, special offers, and on final sale and limited edition merchandise.

These certificates may be combined or stacked. They are valid on the full price of any purchase, including shipping and taxes. They do not expire, and purchases made using them and returned under ordinary circumstances will receive regular store credit for the gift certificate portion.

Right?

I can.

I can believe it!!

OP, I'm so sorry this happened to you. hh just don't know how to provide decent customer service. After all your troubles, they should have just honored their word. But as you now know, hh reserves the right to recant, revoke, null & void anything they feel like.

Oh no aubreyjane, this is horrible...I'm so sorry you got caught in this latest craziness from HH. They keep leaving me speechless.

At least HH is consistent with their inconsistency; but they wrote this, it's not from a third party like Groupon where they could claim a miscommunication.

Dude! The exact same thing happened to me. Got the 25% off, tried to use it with the current sale, didn't work, called them, they email me back with this nonsense:

Your code is not available to be used in combination with the items discounted at an additional 25% off that is currently being offered through our online sale. You can use this code on other sale and regular priced items.

So not only are they retroactively changing the rules of the code, which clearly states it can be used on any purchase, but they're specifying which particular sales it can be used on. I'm so cheesed off. I of course wrote them back but haven't heard anything.

This on top of the crystal ball fiasco where I ordered a clutch that I was charged full-price for on my credit card and the Trophy Satchel that I canceled because of the multi-month delay (and now they're being touted as spring colors???) ... BLAH.

I've got my eye on a 49 Sq. Mi. bag now and am thinking of jumping ship permanently.

I went back at looked at the code I got for "answering their survey" and it also says nothing about it being restricted. In fact, it says "valid for use on any items". If you are going to have restrictions, how hard is it to put them in the email? Since this is the eleventy-billionth time something like this has happened, I have to conclude it's deliberate.

I had problems with codes, groupons, cards inserted into my shipment not just online but also in the stores. Not all the time, but enough times to really become annoying.

What appears in small letters on the bottom of the HHTHANKSYOU is the written policy: only one gift code may be used per purchase. Does that mean one HHTHANKSYOU, or that codes can't be stacked?

Are Groupons considered gift codes or not? Are gift certificates treated the same as gift codes? More questions..not going to post them all..but here's the answer to all of them.

Answer: It all depends....

Policy for use: ad hoc..on the fly..policy changes at the drop of the hat or at a whim..we never know. It's a crapshoot. I almost ripped what little hair I had left on my head during that dang Chilly sale..the more you bought the higher the discount..except..well..we all know how that went..ditto..Spooky..

BTW..I haven't even begun..let's discuss whether or not codes can be applied to sale items!! Catch my drift????

That is why I will never purchase a Gift Certificate or the new whatever HH is offering for their sale..the terms and conditions appear to be written in vanishing ink. I got my head bitten off one time too many when I tried to point out the damage this is doing to HH's bottom line. How many times can I post that I adore the creativity and vibe that Toni brings to her designs and yet all the creativity in the world is not enough when things like this happen. At this stage of the game I find it difficult to believe anything that is told me when I speak to anyone or that I read in emails or that is in print.

How difficult is it to sit down as a team, and hammer out specific terms and conditions of use for each code, coupon, groupon etc. clearly state what can and can't be applied, stacked, used, when things expire, maintain the website to keep these constant "glitches" from occuring and overall, run a tight ship. I really value Nitza and Salina but how many times are each of us told something else when we call.

This is just another of the myriad reasons why I'm so leery of plonking down any $ now and for the foreseeable future. Get some professional marketing, CS on board now. Delegate..stick to your strengths and delegate..I beg you..please.

I'm not betraying anyone if I say this because frankly, this is not liable or slander, this is the truth and I'm hoping..hoping..hoping that things will turn around..and that HH will get it together.

Last edited:
And the cherry on top of the sundae of HH insanity is that at the end of the day we know that "We" are to blame for any problems or misunderstandings because we're trying to pull a fast one in some way, shape, or form while trying to fold, spindle, or mutilate (remember that warning? :greengrin:smile: whatever the HH the issue is this week.

Okay so they stood their ground and refused to honor the code. So i instead purchased the $200 gift card for $155 and turned right around and used that to purchase the TS. Wasn't quite an additional 25% off but close enough. It shipped today and according to UPS I should have it Friday. We shall see. It just saddens me that things have gotten this bag. I was such a huge fan in the beginning! I am the one who came up with the HH Hotties name a couple of years ago for cryin' out loud and now this might possibly be my last purchase...