We've Got An Artisan Amongst Us!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
    Ladies,
    I've been meaning to share this with you for some time now, but needed to take a picture to go with this post.

We have a true artisan amongst us. I commissioned this piece and when I received it, I will tell you it simply took my breath away, its so beautiful.

The detail, the craftsmanship, the beautiful design -- all come together in this one-of-a-kind-piece.

It's one of my most cherished items.

Without out further adieu, let me introduce:
    Pamella Radwan Glass Beads
    http://www.pamellaradwan.com

AKA our very own Contessa!! I bet you didn't know our very own :devil: was so talented!!!

PS: Make sure to expand the photo by clicking on the top bar, so you could see the detail!

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful. Sigh. Just beautiful.

Can you tell us how you commissioned it? Did you specify color, or feeling, or size?

3. I viewed her website and then sent her a message regarding the type of bead that I was interested in. We corresponded about crystals, silver clasp, etc. and I let the artisan develop the bracelet from there. Once she got to the point where she needed my wrist size, she e-mailed me and I took a measurement and sent it back.
    The bracelet arrived wrapped in beautiful lavender tissue, tucked inside a lovely red velvet, tasseled bag. She included a personal note and her business card. First class all the way!!

4. Stunning! That is just exquisite, and while the beads are beautiful, I love that "chain tassel" detail, whatever it is exactly!! Thanks for sharing!

5. Wow. That bracelet is breathtaking. I have never seen anything like it. Gorgeous!

6. Contessa is a woman of many talents!! Very beautiful!

7. What a beautiful piece. Contessa you have a great talent.

8. Contessa does phenomenal work. It's incredible to think that she makes those beads....I love drooling over her website...stunning and most gorgeous Bali!!

9. Oh my god, that is a gorgeous bracelet. Contessa, you are so talented!!

10. Absolutely stunning! Contessa, that's amazing!

11. Simply gorgeous....off to obsess!!!! I am as much a sucker for small shiny things as I am for large smooshy things....maybe that is why I love my DC and DH so much!!!

12. Simply stunning-what detail, and the colors are amazing! I wish I could work with glass-each time we go to our local art fair in the summer, I watch in amazement as the glass blowers create gorgeous pieces. Contessa, you are truly gifted!

13. That is gorgeous!

14. Amazing!! I took a glass bead making class in college (back in the day) and it is HARD!! The flame and working with glass made me nervous, so I only took the one class. Your work is so beautiful that it *almost* makes me want to give it a try again. Instead, I think that I will just admire and appreciate from afar!;) I would love to own one of your pieces one day. If I could ever stop spending all of my money on purses that is!

15. That bracelet is simply incredible. Contessa is truly a woman of many talents. Breathtakingly beautiful!