Westminster vs. Speedy B

AnjaliLV

Jan 24, 2013
I am looking for a DE bag to add to my very small collection (this bag would be bag #3!) I'm a new mom, so a shoulder option is a must. Ive narrowed it down to westie gm and speedy b. Any thoughts?

i love westie gm!
i owned both westie gm and de speedy b 35... rehomed speedy b bcoz i felt it was too casual and too heavy & hurts my shoulder when worn crossbody with my things in it

So I have both of these bags at the moment. So I love my Westie. Very Classy!! Can be dressed up or down.

But my heart is with my Speedy B. I also have a toddler. So I love the crossbody option. I have a Mono one and just brought the Empreinte Speedy B so I don't have to worry about the weather. You can dress it up with a bandeau or a bag charm for going out.

So my vote is for the Speedy B.

When I was debating between DE bags, the Westminster and Speedy B were at the top of my list. In the end, I found the Westminster to be more difficult to wear because I am a larger girl, and the medium shoulder strap LV's just don't fit comfortably over my shoulder. So I ended up with the Speedy B and am very happy with my purchase. The Westie is beautiful as well. But the Speedy B gets my recommendation for 3 reasons: it's a classic, can be worn 3 separate ways, and is a great grab and go, especially for a mom. ;)

I think the speedy held by hand very elegant and the epitome of classy (search Audrey Hepburn and speedy to see what I mean). The Westie, imho, is not as classic and may be dated in a few years.

I think the speedy held by hand very elegant and the epitome of classy (search Audrey Hepburn and speedy to see what I mean). The Westie, imho, is not as classic and may be dated in a few years.

I did not think of that!! That definitely is a big +1 for the speedy b. I would hate to spend so much and have a dated bag in a couple of years.

+1 to speedy. It's a classic bag that will look good for many years to come. If You choose speedy now and for some reason decide to part with it later it might be easier to find a new home for it because it's always in style.

I was choosing a new handbag last summer and these two were among my finalists. I wanted to find a perfect shoulder bag with zipper in DE. I also need to have hands free when out with my baby. I got little sidetracked and chose palermo pm which is also great option if you like monogram canvas.

I truly wanted to like westminster but it really wasn't calling my name. And I like the way speedy b looks on other people but on me it looked like a duffle bag. Maybe because I wanted to get it in 35 which looked too big on me.

Good luck with your decision!

If you don't have a Speedy yet then I would suggest the Speedy B. It's the kind of bag you grow to love more once you have it. I never understood the love for Speedies until I got one... and one may not be enough!

I've had both. The westminster GM is small for a GM size bag. With the speedy b you are getting two bags in one. Speedy B gets my vote!
I go for Speedy B also!!! I have the DE Speedy B 35 and I just LOVE it!!!!! And the more and more I use it...I ask myself...why didn't I get it sooner (well, when they came out with the DE version). It is very roomy too.