Westminster/Jumbo XL and rain? Yay or nay?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a book release party to go to at Lincoln Center tomorrow night and we are expecting rain in NYC. I am probably going to wear one of my Chanel's but it might get a little wet. I will have an umbrella. Do you think a few rain drops will spell disaster on the leather? I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions! Thanks ladies!

Attached Files:

2. I have had my bags get a few rain drops without issue, I would hesitate to get in a position where the bag would be saturated. I would bring a plastic bag with me and should rain be an issue my bag would be in the plastic bag. Crazy, maybe...but i would rather take the precaution and keep my bag perfect.

3. Hello, first of all :heart: on the Westminster

I personally have not carried non-caviar Chanel bags in the rain on purpose. light drizzle where I can cover by jacket, yes and seems to be no problem, but not during real consistent light rain/possible downpour.

I am afraid of too much water soaking the leather and lead to loss of puffiness/wrinkles?

On a separate note, I usually prefer smaller Chanel bags during rainy days because if it surprise me by coming down hard, I can wrap it under my light sweater/shirt/jacket along with umbrella easily.

but if you're not planning to walk around a lot and mostly by car (less public transport/walking) then pedestrian crowd and the water dripping from their umbrella overlapping yours pouring onto your bag would be less of a problem...:thinking:

4. Thank you everyone! It looks like I may get lucky and it will just be cloudy tonight but I tucked a plastic bag inside my Westminster just in case of a downpour!

5. I would bring an umbrella with you. A couple of rain drops will be fine, but I wouldn't want the outside to get totally soaked incase you get caught in a sudden downpour.