Westin Resort Aruba in Palm Beach

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am leaving for Aruba next Thursday and am staying at Westin. Any remarks on hotel...any tips? I heard a few people post somewhere else it was awful..but this was after I booked...

2. u will be fine.Ive stayed at MANY Aruba hotels .The Westin was my LEAST favorite but it was ok...Sorry if i scared u!
    The people that work there were very unhelpful and it wasnt the best service wise.If u can change..Id go to the RADISSON..thats quite possibly my ALL TIME FAVE hotel ever
    They r BOTH on Palm beach and walking distance to EVERYTHING so no worries if u have to stay there in the end.Its not REALLY AWFUL...I just prefer many others over it and was surprised it had a WESTIN name..it didnt live up to it
    ALso..Go to Madame Jeannettes restaurant while there....Its awesome!and u can rent inner tubes to be pulled around on a speedboat at the WESTIN.we did it like EVERYDAY..it was a blast and the boat operators took amazing pics for us too

3. Thanks! I will check out the restuarant and the Radisson.

4. I have one more question...SHOPPING! What designer shops are there? And are prices cheaper and or tax free? I love Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, CL!

5. ALL the good designer shops are in the REnaissance mall in the Renaissance MArina hotel in the main part of the city(take a taxi..its not walkable).They have Gucci and LV there.Gucci was like 30% LESS there 2 years ago but SADLY,NOW its only 10% under what the US retail is.
    same with David Yurman too,(all tax free but MAKE sure u declare everything,even if u owe money to customs,they RARELY try to collect it!)
    LV is about the same price but no tax.There r even a few things MORE expensive at LV than in USA..so b careful u check prices
    Dont know if u like Benetton clothing..but across the street from the Renaissance Mall is one and i truly found the GREATEST clothes there...LOL....nothing like what i see in the USA....fantastic collections
    Diamond jewelry is way cheaper there....I got a 2000 dollar diamond necklace there for like 750!its great quality(Got it thru the jeweler in Renaissance mall too)

6. Thanks for your help!

7. You r welcome!
    another great source to check is TRIPADVISOR,I LOVE that site.