Home & Garden Westin Heavenly Bed duvet cover question- please help!

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
If there's a better place to post this please let me know. I really need some advice and couldn't think of anyone more helpful than pfer's!!

In an effort to make our bedroom more like a hotel, which reminds me of room service and maids cleaning up after me instead of sleepless nights with a baby spitting up on me, we decided to remodel it with luxury linens and such.

We bought our dream duvet a few weeks ago. At the time I couldn't find a cover I wanted for it but then found the Westin heavenly bed one online. I LOVE staying at the Westin and only remember great things about their beds and linens.The $400 price tag was a bit scary so I bought one from a reputable ebay seller for half the price.

Well...it just arrived and it's like sandpaper!!!! It's honestly what I would expect to get from the dollar store:Push:. There is a return policy, but I don't know if it's supposed to be like this and soften with washing. I also don't know if it's really a Westin item because it was out of the box and I can't find a single tag on it ANYWHERE!!! I want to make sure it's really what it's supposed to be before I pay a re-stocking fee.

If you have this duvet and can let me know if yours has any markings on it, if it was really rough when you bought it, and how it's doing now I would REALLY appreciate it. Even if you just stayed at a Westin recently, can you confirm that I'm not imagining that their duvet covers are soft??

Many thanks in advance!!

Sorry, but I think you got scammed. :sad: There's no way that's a Westin duvet cover. What is the thread count like? I'd avoid ebay for sheets and such, because lots of sellers pull bait and switch scams and the buyer often gets stuck with a mediocre product.

Sorry, but I think you got scammed. :sad: There's no way that's a Westin duvet cover. What is the thread count like? I'd avoid ebay for sheets and such, because lots of sellers pull bait and switch scams and the buyer often gets stuck with a mediocre product.

Yeah, I normally avoid buying linen on ebay because of scams and over-rated thread counts, but this came from a really reputable seller I have bought authentic bags from before. Maybe she was lied to by the person giving it to her to sell :shrugs:.

As for thread count- it's supposed to be about 350 Egyptian cotton I think. I was just feeling sheets today for possible purchase and this feels nothing close to 350. It's very rough.

Okay, problem solved I was finally able to locate a tag inside the cover and it is Westin...but it's polyester, not cotton like the auction stated. (it must be the same one laureenthemean slept on). I want the egyptian cotton one, not this one, so it's going back.

Thanks again. I REALLY appreciate the help! I know this isn't a super-crisis but I have so much going on right now, the last thing I wanted hanging over my head was a duvet cover!