Were these bags really popular?

ponytail

Sep 16, 2009
I've regreted not buying an embossed wisteria bag for myself for a while now. There aren't very many on ebay in the sophia and none in the maggie! The Sophias I've seen seem to be going for pretty high too!

Were they really popular bags?

I am not sure .. I remember seeing a tonne of them (Sophia) at my outlet a while back. I did pick up one and while she is pretty, I don't use her a lot because she is too small for my day-to-day life. I have brought her out on a couple of special occasions though :smile:.

I did have the embossed wisteria Sophia bag, but I sold it on ebay awhile ago. For one thing, I wanted purple and this bag is not purple, more of a cross between blue and gray. Also to me the leather felt really delicate, almost thinner to me, so I just really did not like her after I got her.

I had one (the only one I saw at my outlet). It had a small pen mark which I got out with hairspray, but when I tried to condition the spot (mind you I did it several times each time letting the conditioner sit for a day) it discolored the leather and I had to sell it. I loved it though. Leather was super soft, but I guess more delicate than I expected :sad:

I have the wrislet and I thought that would satisfiy me but I still want that darn bag! LOL

I don't know where they all went but there are precious few on Ebay!

Is the maggie nice too?

ponytail said:
I have the wrislet and I thought that would satisfiy me but I still want that darn bag! LOL

I don't know where they all went but there are precious few on Ebay!

Is the maggie nice too?

Hi ponytail - I have nothing to contribute - just wanted to say hello and Happy New Year. :smile:

I think that the wisteria embossed design was gorgeous, much prettier than the design on the black embossed. I love the braided handles. I have the Sophia. This is one bag I am not ready to part with. I was surprised that it didn't seem popular, but I guess that the color was unusual for most people. When I saw it in the store, it was the most striking bag they had at the time. I like that the color is sort of gray because it makes it more neutral. It looks different in different lights. I would have liked to get the shimmer slate too but I figured it was too similar to the wisteria.

Even though I haven't carried her yet I love this bag and had to have her when I saw her here on tpf!!! I missed this beauty when it first came out and also missed it at the outlets so I had to get her from the "bay". I paid $252.00 BNWT, this was back in August '11.. I was lucky enough to find the large matching wrisltet at one of the outlets a few months later.. I wasn't even looking for it, let alone knew they made one.. lol... If you love it I think you should get it, I'd pay that price.. Good Luck with your decision! :smile:

I'm bumping this up again as I'm still needing some help

Would $285 be too much to pay do you think?

Even though I haven't carried her yet I love this bag and had to have her when I saw her here on tpf!!! I missed this beauty when it first came out and also missed it at the outlets so I had to get her from the "bay". I paid $252.00 BNWT, this was back in August '11.. I was lucky enough to find the large matching wrisltet at one of the outlets a few months later.. I wasn't even looking for it, let alone knew they made one.. lol... If you love it I think you should get it, I'd pay that price.. Good Luck with your decision! :smile:

Thank you!!! I have the wristlet too!

I lucked out and got mine on ebay for $165 new without tags but that was a long time ago, right after they left the boutiques. The woman selling it said it was too small for her. You might not want to wait because you might not see it again, at least in new condition.
I bought a purse I absolutely love for close to retail on Ebay and if I had waited I probably could have gotten it for less than half price. I don't regret my decision though because it wasn't worth the chance of not being able to get it at all.