Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I wouldn't read into what gossip magazines who have no legitimate sources say. I highly doubt Kate Middleton is somewhere crying about all the attention being stolen from her after she had the wedding of the century.
No one said anything about crying. But there is such a thing as being overshadowed. I can see Meghan being far more interesting than Kate.

@Jayne1 I'm not necessarily referring to any post here although someone did say she read that Kate is upset. But i've read a few shady magazine articles online saying that Kate is pissed off that she is losing attention.

I've always loved kate. She seems like a nice girl and she has a cute sense of style but personally I LOVE Meghan's style. It's a little more youthful and fun and quite frankly she is more interesting to me personality wise. That being said she is in the entertainment industry so there are interviews we can refer to to see glimpses of her personality. Kate has always been a private citizen and William made sure it stayed that way.

For all we know we could have a wedding and then Megan will become as reserved as Kate it. Though I hope not!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry are looking for a country estate near Highgrove

Remember two weeks ago, when the biggest gossip stories were about Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall’s feud and Meghan Markle and Prince Harry? Simpler times. When we last checked in on Meghan and the ginger prince, they were totally engaged but not telling anyone, and they were being forced to spend time apart because Harry had work to do in London and Meghan is still filming Suits in Toronto. She will be done with Suits in the next month, probably, and after that she’ll be moving to London full-time. I don’t even want to say “allegedly” there. It’s happening. She’s moving to London and they’ll announce their engagement in the next few months.

So, what’s new? Not much. Us Weekly has an “exclusive” in the current issue about how Harry and Meghan are – DERP – already engaged and they’ll be making the announcement “soon,” but not while she’s still in Toronto because “it would be a security nightmare” for her. Sources say that the engagement will come with a “detailed media rollout” and once the announcement is made, Meghan and Harry will do a photocall at Kensington Palace, then “On the same day, they’ll do a TV interview that will be syndicated around the world.” I could have told you that.

Meanwhile, the Daily Star (via the Daily Mail) reports that of course Meghan is quitting Suitsand “Meghan knows she can’t really act at the same time as being a princess and is happy to make this career sacrifice. She really enjoys her charity work with Unicef and will broaden out her charity commitments when she becomes a full-time royal.” The Mail also says that Harry is already house-hunting for a country pile for when he and Meg do get hitched – he’s apparently looking in Oxfordshire, and they are “particularly interested in high-end properties tucked away in the rolling Cotswold hills,” which would mean that they’re looking for a place close to Prince Charles’ country estate, Highgrove. That’s the most interesting piece of news in this reporting, because it reflects something that has been long whispered: Harry and Charles are close, and Harry would prefer to be closer to his dad than his brother.

What else? Dickie Arbiter, the Queen’s former press secretary, told Sky News that there is significant conflict between the various royal camps, but not among the royals themselves (I disagree). Arbiter claims that “There’s a tendency for people who join the royal households to get a bit of red carpet fever, feel a bit more important than they should do and don’t get on with the job properly. So there is a conflict of interest, a personality clash amongst each other, and that is not good.” He explained that some of the people working for the older royals are going to get their panties in a bunch when it comes time for Kate to take a bigger role (good luck with that!) and when Meghan joins the Firm. I tend to think Arbiter is saying that Charles is going to have a problem when he starts to get overshadowed by his daughters-in-law on a regular basis. Which could be, but I think the fractures within the royal family are a lot more significant than that.

http://www.celebitchy.com/553551/me..._looking_for_a_country_estate_near_highgrove/

I've never seen her act, but she seems far more multi-faceted than Kate. Kate is very one dimensional to me, duty driven, and frankly boring. Which is probably exactly what William wanted, so that's ok. She's just not very engaging at all. Whereas I've seen several interviews of Meghan, and she has a certain something, poise or cheekiness, whatever you want to call it. She's experienced more in life than Kate has, IMO. Been divorced, raised in a single home, bi-racial, educated, made her way without family wealth/connections, has a long standing history of philanthropy before meeting Harry. Maybe it's unfair, Meghan is older than Kate and wasn't as sheltered growing up, again JMO, so she's more interesting to me. And her fashion choices are way more interesting to me than anything Kate has ever worn, barring her wedding dresses, which were spectacular to my eye.

I think each Prince has chosen what he wants, William wanted someone very particular (reserved and devoted), and it seems Wild Harry has chosen something different, just as he's wildly different to his brother. I'm here for this matching. I think it's a great addition to a very constrained family and I hope they can make each other very happy. Compared to the Royals from Monaco, Meghan's past is tame. I hope people can accept her, if Harry has indeed decided she's the one.

So since these 2 just had tea with the Queen, supposedly an engagement is imminent- thoughts?
I really wonder what he or she will pick out for a ring!
someone commented this on DM:

Only problem with this story: Last Thursday, both HM and PH were not at the Palace at said time. PH arrived at the Attitude Dinner at 16:45 and stayed there until roughly 18:30 (confirmed by Kensington Palace). Then he went to accept the Legacy Award on behalf of his late mother. HM throughout the day was busy receiving the ambassador of Cambodia and the ambassador of Belgium at Buckingham Palace, then headed out with the Princess Royal to the reception of the WRNS. So care to explain how the three of them were able to have tea at Buckingham Palace at 5 p.m. - especially with MM being in Toronto and working.

You're a bit of a stalker.
It doesn´t require any stalking. It´s all there on the official outlets of the households (Kensington Royal on Twitter, etc.) and anyone can obtain the info within 2 minutes - if they are fans of the Royals, if they like to know which engagements they were at on certain days, and most of all, if they care for actual FACTS instead of fabricated stories and lies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l?offset=663&max=100&jumpTo=comment-249499937

I've never seen her act, but she seems far more multi-faceted than Kate. Kate is very one dimensional to me, duty driven, and frankly boring. Which is probably exactly what William wanted, so that's ok. She's just not very engaging at all. Whereas I've seen several interviews of Meghan, and she has a certain something, poise or cheekiness, whatever you want to call it. She's experienced more in life than Kate has, IMO. Been divorced, raised in a single home, bi-racial, educated, made her way without family wealth/connections, has a long standing history of philanthropy before meeting Harry. Maybe it's unfair, Meghan is older than Kate and wasn't as sheltered growing up, again JMO, so she's more interesting to me. And her fashion choices are way more interesting to me than anything Kate has ever worn, barring her wedding dresses, which were spectacular to my eye.

I think each Prince has chosen what he wants, William wanted someone very particular (reserved and devoted), and it seems Wild Harry has chosen something different, just as he's wildly different to his brother. I'm here for this matching. I think it's a great addition to a very constrained family and I hope they can make each other very happy. Compared to the Royals from Monaco, Meghan's past is tame. I hope people can accept her, if Harry has indeed decided she's the one.[/QUO

I tend to agree with you. Bottom line is- to each her (his) own! If you think she's interesting and I don't, great! Wouldn't it be boring if everyone had the same likes and dislikes? I don't care how Megan got popular, never saw her show.. BUT I do have a fondness for Harry and how authentic he appears at his royal engagements/events. And if he chose her, she has to be pretty special!
3 things I find intruiging:
1) She is older than Harry & a departure from who he has dating prevously- I like that she has an established working relationship with Unicef- outside of anything Royal-related.
2) Let's face it- the Royal family is very Anglo Saxon. Megan's ethnic background is a breath of fresh air! And she's Canadian.
3) The fact that she talked to the press about their relationship (Vanity Fair) I'm sure we won't see that happen again...