Travel We're going to Disneyland...again...hmmm...

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
So DH comes to me all excited, about 4 months ago...let's go to Disney in the fall. Now, I love Disney, but we just went less than 2 years ago. Almost 16 year old DS is not going to be thrilled, Em is not even 1. Honestly, I am thinking too much work and not enough fun with the baby...let's wait another 2 years when the almost 16 will be almost 18 and on his way to college, then 2 left at home will be 11 and 3. But, I just say, 'hmm, maybe'. I plan all the vacations and usually unless I push, DH's ideas come and go and I think this idea will be no different, especially since he is not usually a big Disney fan.

For some reason this idea has stuck and he has been after me to book and I kept being non commital. Finally, last weekend, he got out his day planner and said, "that's it, let's get this booked...the week of Sept 14 -18 looks good and that's your birthday, let's go then"...

OK...so, in my best 'choose happiness' mode...WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND! :P

Hehe, that's funny. Maybe he doesn't want to admit he liked it more than your son! I haven't been in several years, but I know I'd have a ball going to Disney even without DS! :lol:
We're going on Tuesday as a matter of fact and we just went to Disneyland last June too. Before that we've gone to Disneyland many times but I love it all the time and it seems like the DH in our case was the more excited one to go too. We have 13 y/o twins that will be celebrating a birthday so they get to get in free which is awesome for us because that knocks off two adult entry fees:graucho: My three year old who was two last year is excited to go. He doesn't remember anything about last years trip so to him it's like going to Disneyland for the first time.

Disney is always fun, even for adults! We just went to Disney (World) for the second time last week, and everyone loved it - although our kids are about the "right" age for it now (5, 7, 9). With a baby, it is a little tougher; when we went 4 years ago it was much harder to spend the day at the park and many of the rides or waits for the rides were too much. But it really sounds like your dh loves it, so it will be worth it!