Went to Getty Villa in Malibu! (56k warning)

jimmyneyugn

ohai.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2006
A couple of my friends and I decided to go to the Getty Center in LA today (monday, april 24) to take pics (like a hobby type thing) since the weather has been lookin good lately. Anyways, we get to the entrance, and the people are like, "Oh the center is closed today! But if you want, we have tickets for you to go to the Getty Villa in Malibu instead." So we took those tickets instead and went down Sunset to PCH and started snappin away at the scenery/architecture. :smile:

Here's a sampling, and the rest can be found on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neyugnj/sets/72057594116542994/

b33963327.jpg

w33965821.jpg

w33965822.jpg

and proof it was a gorgeous day!
w33965888.jpg

:biggrin: just thought I'd share. :cool:

You take such BEAUTIFUL photos! Just like taking a quick trip. :biggrin:Thanks for sharing. I looked at Flickr. WOW. And that tile floor...to die for.
Thanks

thanks for the comments everyone! :smile:

abandonedimages: the camera is really rather crappy, HP Photosmart M417 5.2mp.. all the pics were taken in 1mp format (wow right? haha), and edited in photoshop for color/clarity/brightness/contrast.. i really am, a good photoshopper.. not a good photographer, but it's the result that matters right? hehe.

janice said:
thank you for those pics. I was at the Getty Museum 5yrs ago and its just as pretty as I remembered. "sigh" I love Cali....

yea it is~! but the pics are from the Getty Villa, the extension museum by on the border of Pacific Palisades and Malibu. The actual Getty Center Museum is off of Sepulveda, about 2-5 miles north of Santa Monica Blvd... i don't know why the Villa & Center are so far apart (probably bout 10-15mi), but they are. haha.