Went shopping for a DigiCam, came home w/ LV!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So I went to a pawn shop (ghetto, I know), on the hunt for a new digital camera. A friend of mine had gotten an awesome camera for a ridiculously good price, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I was a little sketched out by the place, but good prices awaited me - I took the plunge and went in.
    As I warily wandered around, my eyes suddenly zoomed to a jewelry display case where, safely contained, sat a Pochette Twin GM!
    Heart pounding, I asked to see it - not a stunning LV, but very cute, and still in immaculate condition (the magnetic snap still has the blue protective plastic for god's sake!) - and then asked for the price. The salesman's first try was $260, I countered with $195 - we finally haggled it to $221.75 (tax included)!
    I'd like to say that I had unfair assumptions about pawn shops, and if they're willing to sell me nearly brand new LV's for half-retail, then they have certainly made me a customer for life!
    Check out the goods:

PochetteTwinGM1.jpg PochetteTwinGM2.jpg PochetteTwinGM3.jpg PochetteTwinGM6.jpg PochetteTwinGM4.jpg
  2. Nice deal :biggrin: I've never really been to those consignment places, but seems like it might be worth taking a look at.

3. OMG! Great buy!!! Congrats!!!

4. Way to go!!!!
    Great find at a great price

5. Congrats, I love bargains!

6. Nice! Congrats.

7. Very nice! It's funny how easy it is to come home with an LV, I keep telling my husband that!

8. I like this story!:biggrin:

9. Wow, talk about an amazing deal. Congrats!

10. wOw! i like it a lot! i never knew you can wear it cross body!

11. Thanks guys!
    I couldn't debut it today, as it was pouring down rain, but tomorrow!
    I think I'll post some pix of it later with my whole bag family :biggrin:

12. Fun story! :biggrin: Cute bag!

13. That's so funny, I was just telling my girlfriend that I'd never been to a pawn shop before and I wanted to go -- maybe I'll score somebody's hawked engagement ring!

14. Very nice!

15. wow! great buy!
    cheers for the pics! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice