well well well

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
So I have the usual story of the past couple of days, where I emailed seller and asked for tracking number etc and they ignored me.
To be honest I have been a bit worried as was starting to think the non contact meant I had been scammed as I bought the item on the 9th.
Five days later (today) I get a email saying here's the tracking number and can I leave feedback straight away when I get item as they have a 21 day hold just put on their paypal account for this transaction.
I find it funny that this turn of events makes them contact me straight away!
I will probably play nice and leave feedback, cause I'm a bit of a softy at heart and I know I would hate it if that happened to me and I can't let them wait 21 days for the money.

So I have the usual story of the past couple of days, where I emailed seller and asked for tracking number etc and they ignored me.
To be honest I have been a bit worried as was starting to think the non contact meant I had been scammed as I bought the item on the 9th.
Five days later (today) I get a email saying here's the tracking number and can I leave feedback straight away when I get item as they have a 21 day hold just put on their paypal account for this transaction.
I find it funny that this turn of events makes them contact me straight away!
I will probably play nice and leave feedback, cause I'm a bit of a softy at heart and I know I would hate it if that happened to me and I can't let them wait 21 days for the money.

Actually they don't have to wait once the item are tracked as delivered, but it may take 1-2 days for it to release

She didn't do the label through paypal shipping though, so I guess she would have to give ebay tracking manually to get funds released?
I'm a bit of a newbie seller myself, so am not really sure about this stuff.
I'm just glad that I will get my bag that nothing bad has happened:smile:

She didn't do the label through paypal shipping though, so I guess she would have to give ebay tracking manually to get funds released?
I'm a bit of a newbie seller myself, so am not really sure about this stuff.
I'm just glad that I will get my bag that nothing bad has happened:smile:

yes there is a link to enter the tracking number if you don't use paypal to print the label.

you would know if she did that because paypal would send you an email with the tracking number.

you never know... the 5 day delay could have been her making sure with Paypal that it was legit and ok to ship.

I guess.
I actually don't mind waiting, just would have been nicer not to be ignored though, as while I knew nothing I was thinking all sorts of bad things were going to happen.

Thanks for the info about adding tracking numbers to the listing, I am going to do this in future if I sell any more items:smile:

I guess.
I actually don't mind waiting, just would have been nicer not to be ignored though, as while I knew nothing I was thinking all sorts of bad things were going to happen.

Thanks for the info about adding tracking numbers to the listing, I am going to do this in future if I sell any more items:smile:

not the point really aimtree......... if they had not had held sellers money, would they have given you the number when they did, i think not!!!!!!
it would not hurt all seller's to send a short message, but now coz they have held her money, can you leave feedback, its not on.............. yes their money will be released before the 21 days, with proof.....perhaps more sellers might pull their finger out if they know this might happen.....
a word of caution dont be to soft:P. good luck alfie x:yes:

No communication, in my book, is low. Given the scammers-rule environment an fbay nowadays, buyers are always as afraid as sellers of getting scammed, and not hearing from the other party usually is the first sign that there's something shady going on. The seller should know better than to put anyone through unnecessary stress, IMO. All it takes is less than 60 second to send a quick note. Me? I would send a polite note saying you received the bag, thank you, it's fine (if it is), and "take the opportunity" to let her know what it was like to not hear a word from her until now. Maybe she was too busy to take a minute to thank you for your purchase and give you a tracking number. Maybe you're too busy to leave feedback for five days.

I'm sitting in the same boat, won and paid for the item on the 10th and I have heard zero from the seller....
I have contacted her to ask politely if she has sent my item, and nothing.
Granted, mine is very inexpensive and we're in the same state, but this is uncalled for.
If I were you, I would leave no feedback whatsoever, once you get your item.
Me, IF I get my $12.00 item, plan to leave no feedback whatsoever, just the deafening sound of silence.
I'm so sick of how sellers behave on ebay!

DO NOT leave FB until you have your item in-hand and are happy with it.
Absolutely DO NOT leave FB until you receive bag and are happy. And you might note in your FB that how long they waited before contacting you after you won it...maybe on the stars for shipping and also for communication you can give a low rating. That is not nice that they didn't answer your emails until they realized their money was on hold and they "needed" you..