Well it is one big fat bucket of suck tonight... lol!!!

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Alright ladies... I'm sitting here typing on my brand spankin' new Dell XPS 1210 tiny laptop that I bought to use on my regular travels (just arrived today!) Unfortunately (and very coincidentally) I am listening to the death nell of the lovely 17" Inspiron 9200 that I had the opportunity to drop a few weeks back (it is over three years old.. HDD had to go eventually)

Anywho.. wondering why it chose this evening with Tiny in da house...Can I get a tiny prayer for one last boot to da 9200? I have some trip info I desperately need to recover. After that... it is hello new HDD for me. :P (well that and tiny screen usage on a more than planned regular basis!)

truegem

O.G.
Feb 13, 2006
Oh good luck...what a pain. Technology can be your best friend and worst enemy. I have a Dell and so far it has been great to me. Actually I had to call support today because my DVD-RW went kaput. But after about 10 minutes they had ordered me a new drive that should be here in a couple of days.

Good luck. Where are you going!!!

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Oh good luck...what a pain. Technology can be your best friend and worst enemy. I have a Dell and so far it has been great to me. Actually I had to call support today because my DVD-RW went kaput. But after about 10 minutes they had ordered me a new drive that should be here in a couple of days.

Good luck. Where are you going!!!
My 9200 has been great also - completely my fault for dropping but I got it to work again so probably operating on "borrowed time". :nogood: Not too bright on my part.

Anywho - just got the boot on the old system (must have been your positive Dell energy!!). Going to be doing some forwarding and prayers.. lol.

Edit: D'oh! We are going to Europe in a month and most of the reservations were stored on the old HDD. My bad for not emailing them off!!

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
You should make sure you backup your new laptop's stuff to an external HD. :yes:

Yes Ma'am!!! lol. I do have the majority of my stuff backed up to a desktop... but neglected (as things were going so well - duh) to update the most recent items. Now I'm paying the price. D'oh!!! :P I think I can get some of the stuff back.. the rest I will need to dig for.