Well, I'm returning 3 bags; cerf and 2 flaps

cjj

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
Regarding the Cerf and Kate Spade:

When she first hit the scene with her bags, the original one was squarish (like the cerf), with a pocket in the back (like the cerf) open w/a flap that closes it w/a magnet (like the cerf). Handles are the same height. In black, w/silver. I have one, lol, so it was like, aw damn. The bag is also smaller than I thought. So, for the price, I'm not loving it. Also, mine is leather (KS). Her first ones were a funky fabric and then she brought them out in leather. In the cerf there is a middle nylon bag that snaps out and has a zipper top. Oh, and it comes w/a shoulder strap that you attatch (don't know where as I didn't take it out). Yes, it has silver HW.

The red and black flaps are lovely, they're just not "me". I tried, I really did, but I just don't love them. And for almost $5000 (for two bags), I need to. Add in the cerf, and we're talking almost $7000.

WHich is a good way to a Birkin, which is my LUST bag, lol.

HTH.

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
I see sharks circling the red jumbo like blood in the water. Thank goodness I'm not a jumbo jet lugger or I'd be in there with the others with my harpoon.

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
Regarding the Cerf and Kate Spade:

When she first hit the scene with her bags, the original one was squarish (like the cerf), with a pocket in the back (like the cerf) open w/a flap that closes it w/a magnet (like the cerf). Handles are the same height. In black, w/silver. I have one, lol, so it was like, aw damn. The bag is also smaller than I thought. So, for the price, I'm not loving it. Also, mine is leather (KS). Her first ones were a funky fabric and then she brought them out in leather. In the cerf there is a middle nylon bag that snaps out and has a zipper top. Oh, and it comes w/a shoulder strap that you attatch (don't know where as I didn't take it out). Yes, it has silver HW.
Thank you for the explanation. I vaguely remember the KS bags... I never paid that much attention because they were a teenage favourite. I do remember the original boxy shape, but then she overdid herself with a zillion variations, which really turned me off.

Are you saying the Cerf is smaller than expected?

vivi24

O.G.
May 8, 2007
I agree with the others, if you don't LOVE the bags and aren't using them, then you're better off returning them!
I love the red jumbo too!

cjj

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
Jayne, yes, the bag was smaller. But I'm also over 6 ft tall, so I need/prefer a larger bag. I also wanted to be able to place some paper/folders regarding clients and they don't fit. I've seen it on others and it looked bigger, but then again, those women were also not as tall as me (thinking back, lol) I'd say it's the same size, maybe a tad smaller than the GST.

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
^^ You are definitely doing the right thing by returning the ones you will never use. And you're making the person who gets your red bag very happy.

I'm also tall (although not 6') and the bags always look so much bigger on others. Then I try them and they don't have that oversize look that I like so much.

ronsdiva

NE Born OH Bred
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Maryland
I see sharks circling the red jumbo like blood in the water. Thank goodness I'm not a jumbo jet lugger or I'd be in there with the others with my harpoon.
:roflmfao: When I read that she was returning a red jumbo my first thought was "what store" . Even though I could not get it I knew someone would. Red Jumbo flap is to Chanel tPF'er like a red flag to a bull. Ladies, take your mark. At least your return will get a good new tPF home.

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
The Playground
you are returning three bags? my goodness! you must have been in a severe shopping spree when you got them. so what bag are you currently using that has caught you fancy? and sorry for you returning those bags.

if that was me, Chanel would never leave my sight (or closet)

4Kings

I am wherever He is
Aug 7, 2007
Here
Ooo, I also love the red jumbo...
I can't wait to hear who the lucky owner will be!