Well I should probably ask opinions.

Dec 18, 2009
So, basically. I refuse to step foot into my closest Boutique.

I went in on Saturday to check out the new floorset and ask if I was on the PCE list.

I go in and I'm greeted by one of the great SAs who has sold to me before, we talk for a while and she shows me the new Kristin line. I then ask her if she could please check if I am on the PCE list for this upcoming PCE. She had no idea if it was possible, so she asked the two other SAs working, both of whom were standing at the counter, slouched and chatting to themselves not looking up. Immediately they snap back "NO! That is absolutely impossible!!", so of course I state, that in fact it is not and asked again nicely if they would please look my name up and see. Again, they say that it's absolutely impossible, and I reply that I know of many people who have gone into their boutique and had their names looked up to see. Again, they tell me that I am wrong and it's absolutely impossible. At this point I'm getting very upset (not showing it though), mainly because they have just told me I'm wrong and have been very rude and snotty to me, when we all know that it is infact possible and they just don't want to do the work.

At this point my SA had gone on break and I wanted to ask about ordering a Rouched Hobo, well I was given the cold shoulder entirely and completely ignored.

I should state that BOTH of these girls were new, and one of them in fact checked for another tPFer EARLIER THAT DAY, if she was on PCE.

Do you think that the way I was treated was out of line? I'm completely at the point where I do not want to step foot in that store, they don't deserve my money. Not for the treatment that I received, especially since the store was completely empty. Should I be reporting this to Coach?

did they really say that? lol. that "no! it is absolutely impossible!"

if someone said that to me i don't t think i could hold my laughter in..

you should go to that great SA that helped you, and tell her to pull up your file in the client track..it would say on the right hand side whether you were invited or not, and if necessary there is a list (only to that store, so if you don't show up on it, you could be on another store's list) she can check..as well as she can do a 'mock' ring so when she looks up your info on the computer to process the sale (before it gets to the payment section) she should be able to see whether it says march PCE on your file or not

i am surprised, that as great of an SA she is, if she is not new, how she doesn't know of the list, or looking it up client track..or on the cashwrap POS.

as for complaining if they really were rude, you should state so, it is up to you. personally i think it was bad service, but that is where i'd go and take my business elsewhere. if they insult me or did something personal..then i might complain. so far, i've made 0 complains in my whole life. it takes a lot for me to care but that is only because there is always another branch or another place i can take my business, but if that isn't true for you, you should definitely speak up

They said it at least twice.

I'm not sure why she wouldn't know, but in all the times she has helped me, she has never used the POS. She always helps pick the bag, then goes to the tills, tells another SA which bag to ring the sale through while she packs it.

That being said, I got my PCE so I know now, I am on the list. I just can't believe I was treated that way, I don't appreciate being told that it's impossible and that I'm wrong. Then the implications that I'm a liar?! Seriously, all because they didn't want to do their JOB. What makes it even worse is that the one SA looked up another tPFer earlier that day, then lied to me about it.

even so, she should know of the list, since managers let the sales associate review it, and pick out clients they recognize.

i would give them tit for tat but that is just me

you should say something it offends you that much. i believe in sticking up for my beliefs..its just unfortunate you have to encounter people like that. i've never encountered people like that myself...and that is having shopped in hong kong where the sales people EYEBALL me to make sure i don't mess up their perfect pile..but they never say anything..

I think I just won't bother going in anymore, and if I absolutely HAVE to go in, I'll make sure my regular SA Britney is working. She's always been an absolute sweetheart to me, and she knows that I know my stuff.

I'm still really on the fence about saying something, I'm not usually one to, this REALLY bothered me though.

if there is another store i'd see if they have better service there!

honestly some of the things i hear i can't believe..but then again i am the type that likes to shop alone..so i rarely ask for help..though when i go to other coach stores.. before announcing i work there i do notice some are nice, and will greet, while others are like u said, at the cashwrap not really caring

it seems like this is really bothering you, and it is rude imo. if there are no other stores..i'd still at least report it to coach customer service..

Only stores are 3 hours away, luckily I go to Edmonton (where the stores are), at least once a month. So I could easily just start going there regularly. Plus, there's an outlet opening in a month, so I could easily be held over as well.

It's a difficult choice, but I may just start shopping in the Edmonton stores. It helps that I've gotten myself addicted to JuJuBe Diaper Bags again after all of this.

Well I'm the "other TPF'er" right???" I just wanted to clarify that the SA that looked up my name to see if it was on the list was not the same one who was rude to me! The SA that helped me on Saturday actually helped me with a purchase and after I had paid I said "while you are in there can you tell me if I'm on the PCE list? She said "yes, I already looked to make sure that you were, and you are!"
The SA that was rude to me was a tall blonde. I asked her where the kristin satchels were, and she rudely told me that the kristin satchesl were only boutique exclusive and not available there. That they were "too much money". I said that I didn't think they were more than the other purses in the store and asked if she could please check and see if WEM had them since it's a much bigger store. She looked at her screen for all of 30 seconds and said "Nope, just Vancouver". Then another TPF'r posted the next day that she had bought two satchels at WEM that very day! She lied to me and was very "lofty". I will continue to go to this store, because honestly nothing can be worse than the way the SA at WEM treated me after my purse was stolen, but I will never EVER deal with that SA again!
I LOVE Brittaney, and if you go to WEM see Christopher, he is so awesome! Don't give up something that you love because some rude SA was on a self high!

Ahh see, okay. That makes more sense. You also had the same girl who was rude to me, seems like a trend.

LOL we could show them up. I've seen more than once that I know more than they do. Except Brittaney, she's SO well informed on everything. She's even called to let me know a bag I was interested was in stock, and I wasn't even on the tracking for it!

Ahh see, okay. That makes more sense.

And you had the EXACT same girl who was rude to me.

LOL we could show them up. I've seen more than once that I know more than they do. Except Brittaney, she's SO well informed on everything. She's even called to let me know a bag I was interested was in stock, and I wasn't even on the tracking for it!
yep! Tall, slender, long blonde straight hair in a ponytail?

I've been treated very rudely and unprofessionally more than once in coach. Also been on their corp. customer service line (more than once lol). Unhappy with their SAs and product quality; NOT a fan of the brand at all.
(I'm sure I'll post a thread of my experiences with coach at some point when I get more acquainted with this site!)