Well I should probably ask opinions.

I asked SA's at 2 of the boutiques in my area and was told by SA's at both that they couldn't look anything up. Then on Monday (the same day I got my card) I called and spoke to a manager at one of the stores to ask again and she said she didn't have the list yet and couldn't look it up either. I think more than anything I just am amused by all of the different things that happen. I don't know whether they are fibbing to me or really just don't know?

that depends on when u called
if it was today then hell yes they're fibbing
if it was yesterday i'd say so too

if it was last week or this past weekend..i would give them the benefit of the doubt on the list, and as for looking it up, depends on how long they've worked there and what kind of sales person they are but STILL

if u don't know, ask around

It kills me to say this, but I have been on the receiving end of attitude once or twice. Not a great place to be.

I remember when I was returning the damaged Kira's I had. I was sick to stomach that the SA who sold me the cleaner/moisturizer would there since I'm fairly non-confrontational and would have preferred to just handle my business without things getting weird.

Well, she was there alright. And MAN did she throw me some nasty attitude. She told me that she "never" recommended the products and she "never" would do something so "stupid"...her words, not mine. And yet, there it was--her name on my receipt. She talked to me like I was child, incredibly condescending...my husband, at one point, just said "just get the manager" because it was unbearable. The SA turned on her heels and walked off...not to get the manager...but to go chat with another SA! So, we were left just standing there waiting for no one.

I would have crawled out of my skin if I could have. And to be honest, I didn't report it. I'm not a "report her" kind of girl, either. But once or twice I've walked in the store...saw her working...and walked right back out. She was so mean and I was so uncomfortable, I just avoid her like the plague.

I buy Coach because I like their products...no one will ever scare me off of that...but I'll be damned if I'm going to give my business to her.

if it was last week or this past weekend..i would give them the benefit of the doubt on the list, and as for looking it up, depends on how long they've worked there and what kind of sales person they are but STILL

the last line is directed at sales associates who say I don't know

That they were "too much money". I said that I didn't think they were more than the other purses in the store and asked if she could please check and see if WEM had them since it's a much bigger store. She looked at her screen for all of 30 seconds and said "Nope, just Vancouver". Then another TPF'r posted the next day that she had bought two satchels at WEM that very day! She lied to me and was very "lofty".

Hey muranogrl! No excuse for her to be rude about it but she may not have even bothered to check the WEM store for you if she didn't know it's only recently (a month or so ago) become a fashion store.

It was on Sunday, February 28 and Monday, March 1st and on Monday, I spoke to one of the SA's who I know has been there for many years and might be a management type person, but I don't know that for sure. She wasn't the one that answered the phone, but the SA that did answer didn't know so she had this other SA get on to speak with me and she didn't know either.......interesting stuff.

I went in today to order the things I wanted and all went well, so I'm happy for getting the discount!

The one thing I will not stand for is rude service. I had a moment a year ago with a repair and the "Manager" was very rude to me. Needless to say after I got off the phone with the DM not only was my repair rushed but I was also given a 50 gift card because of their behavior.

So I say if it really offends you then you need to do something about it.

OP, regardless of whether this SA lied to you about not being able to look you up, or truly was unuaware that she could, there is no excuse for being rude. She took a job in customer service, which entails being pleasant to people, even when one doesn't "feel" like it, and as long as she is compensated for her time at the store, she has an obligation to help you as best she can, and be pleasant about it. If you feel that you were treated poorly, you should speak to someone at copporate about it. You are obviously not the only one whom she has treated this way and, if this goes uncorrected, she will ultimately end up costing the company money.